• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search engine does not return results in IE for Responsive HTML5 help

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2017 to generate responsive HTML5 help. I noticed that, while the search function works for both Chrome and Firefox, it does not work when the help is opened in IE 11. I tried this from both a web server and a file server with the same results. I experimented a bit with the search settings in RoboHelp but to no avail. RoboHelp 2017 is up-to-date with patches. Has anyone else seen this issue (and found a solution)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

OK. In that case, I think the files attached to the bug report below will fix the problem for you.

Tracker

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the SSL dialog import your layout again changing the name to Whatever2.

Generate with the new layout. I think you will find it works then.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Sorry to jump on this. I am having exactly the same problem.

You mean import the Indigo screen layout again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly that. Don't trash your old one yet so call it Indigo2 or suchlike.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried that but its still the same.. using 2017.

I imported the latest .slz for the Indigo from the Robohelp website.

Returns search results in chrome instantly whilst ie11 just hangs with the search box going round and round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. In that case, I think the files attached to the bug report below will fix the problem for you.

Tracker

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I downloaded Willem's fixedJS.zip file. Could you please tell me where to install loadprojdata.js and loadparentdata.js?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at a RoboHelp machine right now. Search in Program Files > Adobe >

etc and you will find it in many locations. You need this one in a folder

with Responsive in the path.

Rename the old ones to .jsOLD or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I have used these so they go in the output of each generated project. The path in the output is:

template\scripts

You will see the two files in there.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's OK to put them in the source so that you only have to do it once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I see what you mean. Putting them in the output works but they need to be added each time they are generated. Was a bit wary of amending the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in the source file do they go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my earlier answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to ask a dumb question, but I'm not finding a Scripts directory in my RH files. Does it matter where we put William's file? My best guess for my system would be to put it here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2017\RoboHTML\ResponsiveHelpExt\widgets

Do you see any problems with this? Thanks very much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's entirely up to you which fix you go with but Willam's fix changes different files to the one from Adobe. When Adobe issue the fix themselves, if you have used Willam's fix you will have part of one fix and part of another.

There's nothing wrong with Willam's fix other than you will have to sort out the mismatch of files later. My instructions do include what to put where.

I have no commercial interest in this, just trying to save you the hassle.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you created the common\scripts part of the path?

I just out it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2017\RoboHTML\ResponsiveHelpExt without the Common\Scripts directory. Now what do I do? If I run RH, will it grab these files and apply them? Or do I have to do something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original should all be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2017\RoboHTML\ResponsiveHelpExt\widgets\common\scripts.

Save the old files somewhere and then replace with the new files.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To update further. It works in Edge. Tried it on another users machine in ie11 and get the same result - just hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks Peter as always, Yes the fix does work.

Hopefully this will be rolled out in Update 3 officially soon.

Many thanks - have spent hours trying to fix that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second fix also works for me. Thanks Peter. Also thanks to William van Weeldem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put them here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2017\RoboHTML\ResponsiveHelpExt\widgets\common\scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ENTRGWH - thank you! Now that this discussion has complete information, other folks who run into this issue will be able to fix it quickly. Do you happen to know if Adobe plans to fix this? IMO, it's a big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't answer your question re the location because, as I said, I

wasn't at a RoboHelp machine. Sorry I don't carry the paths in my head. ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp