• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server 2012 not opening webpage in frame?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lied! I'm back, and hope this is the last time. I prefer lurking.

When spot checking after publishing to my 2012 r2 server (I was previously using an old 2003 server), I noticed an oddity.

At the top of my topic pages, I always have a link to my application, so they can read, then click and enter. In some cases, I have other links to other websites. I am finding if I click a link which should open in the frame, nothing happens. If I right click and choose open in new window, or set it to launch in a new window there is no issue. Reproducible in chrome, safari, IE and firefox.

This is true for any external website as well. Links within the KB referring to another page are fine.

Went back to 2003 and confirmed it's fine. Was there some change in 2012 that I can no longer do this?

Thanks again...

Anahid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you need to check with your IT people about how this is behaving - AFAIK it's certainly nothing to do with how RH is creating pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted the server team, they are unaware but will continue to investigate.

One thing I forgot to say is that once I attempt to open any URL in a frame, all books in robohelp cease functioning. They no longer expand or close. If I refresh the page, they are fine - until I attempt to open any URL external to the robo project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working in Chrome, the problem with the books may be caused by the dreaded Chrome TOC bug. If you haven't already, try following the instructions in the fix posted by Peter here: ToC books not opening in Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem is as Ioana has suggested, Adobe's official fix for the problem is on their site. See Cannot collapse the ToC of Webhelp output in Google Chrome

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions, but that does not appear to be the issue. The network team says it's not their issue, but I'm thinking there must have been some security patch which was put in, because I just reloaded to 2003, and it's not working any longer.

Sorry for going down a rabbit hole - I will simply open all external links in a new window instead of within a frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp