• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SharePoint VC Change Repo

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2020.4 and recently noticed that my SharePoint Repository is a mess. I now have three projects inside a forth project folder that have my latest commits. I don't know how this happened and haven't been able to find what changed. Each project should point to /Site/RoboHelpProjects/Project. Instead, they point to /Site/RoboHelpProjects/ProjectA/Project. 

I've looked at each Project properties and the RoboHelp Connection file. What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Have you added all of these projects from RoboHelp or from outside?

If you added them from RoboHelp then you must have selected an empty folder on SharePoint site to add it to.

Please elaborate the scenario so that we can suggest what could have happened and what can be done now to correct it.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Surbhi_Maheshwari Thanks for the reply. 

"If you added them from RoboHelp then you must have selected an empty folder on SharePoint site..."

That's probably what happened, only I didn't intend to select a blank folder. I have noticed that RoboHelp likes to make changes for me and I guess the directory changed without me realizing it. Now the question is, how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I hit Post prematurely and there's no obvious way to edit my previous post.

The Check-in dialog doesn't allow you to scroll left to see the entire directory. I've noticed this with other dialogs. But, unless I change the Connection settings, I would expect the files to always go to the same repo. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way for me to check a project's Connection settings other than the Check-in dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

You are right in saying that full directory path of server is only visible in check-in dialog as of now. We will try to show it in connection profile also. I have logged it as an improvement on our roadmap (RH-9487).

Now coming to part of fixing it, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. On SharePoint server create folders Project1 or Project2
  2. Open Project1 in RH and remove connection (enable delete any source control information).
  3. Add this project to Project1 folder on SharePoint created in step2.
  4. Once it's added succesfully to SharePoint, delete this folder from inside ProjectA on SharePoint (where it got added earlier by mistake).

Repeat the same for other projects also.

Basically you will need to add these projects again to SP at correct location. Make sure you create empty folders on SP site for projects you want to add.

If you have any doubt please post back here.

Let us know how it goes at your end.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp