• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behavior in RoboHelp 11

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using RoboHelp for many years and am currently using RocboHelp 11 and have already purchased RoboHelp 2019.  I have a merged help system with (7) separate help systems tied together for my companies software package.  In the last few days I am seeing very strange behavior when opening topics.  Normal has a Times New Roman font at 12 pt by default.  Now when I open any topic, the font display is flipping between Times New Roman and Arial at 8 point, although Normal is stable.  But when I pick that drop down, all the different Headings are shown, but the list goes away one entry at a time from the bottom up until all you see is Normal again - you can't change either the font type or size or pick a new Heading.

I thought this might be something OS related, I was using a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro version 1803, so I re-downloaded RoboHelp 11 11.0.0.179 and installed it on a Surface Laptop also running Windows 10 Pro version 1803.  Moved my projects over and they act exactly the same, so maybe the issue is there.  Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Do you have all patches applied?
  2. Have you tried deleting the CPD and reopening the project?
  3. Have you tried temporarily attached a different CSS?
  4. Does this happen in an older backup?
  5. Does it happen with the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

I don't think the OS is the issue as I'm running a Surface Pro 4 as well, albeit the home edition.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter -

Yes I am using the latest patched RoboHelp 11.  This behavior only happened in one of my seven projects.  I deleted the project.cpd file and that fixed it.  Thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp