• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table content is sometimes overwriting other content when generating PDF outputs

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2020 Ver. 5. When creating PDF outputs from the help system, occassionally some tables will overwrite other content on a page in the PDF file. What might be causing this issue with the tables? Also, sometimes the table will break with the table caption and header row on one page, and the rest of the table on the next page. Can this be addressed using the Page Break controls for the table styles in the CSS? If so, how should it be configured?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating PDF outputs from the help system, occassionally some tables will overwrite other content on a page in the PDF file.

Not something I have seen reported. Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Sometimes the table will break with the table caption and header row on one page, and the rest of the table on the next page. Can this be addressed using the Page Break controls for the table styles in the CSS? If so, how should it be configured?

I'm finding the table I tried automatically starts on a new page if there isn't room for the whole table on the previous page. I will look at that too if you can share the project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter - thanks so much for replying. Unfortunately, I am unable to send you a copy of our help project. I can report however, that our problem with tables overwriting content went away when we updated the selections in the Advanced tab to include the Create accessible PDF, Embed multimedia files, and Use image compression to optimize PDF size options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp