• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Word VBA macro version registered is incorrect.

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2007 Jan 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate printed documentation of my Help system and I get the following error:
---------------------------
Printed Documentation
The Word VBA macro version registered is incorrect.

Please reinstall Printed Documentation.
OK
I cannot figure out where I reinstall Printed Documentaion from as I downloaded the Robo Help Program and do not have a CD. Can someone please advise? Thanks!
TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is some sort of security issue.
Check out the snippets on Peter Grainge's most excellent site..

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/print_issues.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That did it. I just needed to change my Macro Security se to Medium in Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...this question certainly looks answered to me...not sure why it's marked as "Not Answered". Anyway, just wanted to post that this answer (the link to the grainge.org site) was EXTREMELY helpful! It exactly helped me with the same error so I could generate my printed documentation (STUPID Word 2007 for thinking it was 'protecting' me from a macro that I NEEDED to use, so it disabled it and I didn't really understand what had happened until I read the information on the grainge.org site).

Thanks again Peter Grainge!!! This time, I made a donation on your web site! I've been meaning to do that, but kept forgetting. You've definitely saved me some valuable time more than once! I thought I was going to have to re-install RH9 to solve the problem. So glad I didn't have to. Just took about 30 seconds to fix the problem after reading the information on your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it helped and thanks for the donation. It is appreciated.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem which is mentioned above. But it is not solved by changing the macro settings in MS Word unfortunately. I am using MS Office 2013 with RoboHelp 11 (OS is Windows 8).

Because the Update News told that RoboHelp 11 is compatible with Office 2013 I was very hopeful to generate a printed documentation now successfully. But in my case just the error notification has changed.

Has anyone a clue, what I can try in addition to changing the macro settings in Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem as Isabelle Middeke. Error message The Word VBA macro version registered is incorrect. Please reinstall Printed Documentation.

Yesterday I upgraded to RoboHelp 11 since my new computer has Windows 8 (with Office 2013). I have set the macro security in Word to enable all macros, but that doesn't help. I've tried saving the file on my desktop as well as on a network, but the error message is the same. I can't generate a pdf file either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] Try saving it to the !SSL! folder.

2] Try a new Printed Documentation layout, not a duplicate.

3] Try using selecting the CSS option in the last page of the wizard, just as a test if you normally map to a Word template.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thank you so much for such a quick response! I tried your suggestions, but none of them worked. The error message is still the same. After trying a little while, RoboHelp tells me "Microsoft Word seems to not be responding. Would you like to continue waiting for a response?" When I click No, I'm again told that the VBA Macro version registered is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions! I tried them as well, but I got the same error messages like before (and like Deepdene).

The RoboHelp Support told me that this is a Microsoft Problem. I didn't think so, but anyway I also called the Microsoft Support. They told me, that the activation of Macros and VBAs is all I can do in MS Word.

So I am still trying to find the right setting in RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try one of the sample projects.

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I had the same results with both the Salesbuilder and the Employee Care sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last test.

Please create a project with just the default topics at something like C:\Test and generate the output to the !SSL! folder within that. I suspect it will also fail but that will rule out some things.

Also was Rh installed with Admin rights? That is essential.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your efforts, thanks. But sadly, no. No success.

Actually, I started by uninstalling RoboHelp 11 from my computer. I then right-clicked the .exe file and selected Run as administrator (just to be sure). After installing, I even ran the program as administrator. I tried printing from my existing project which didn't work. I then created a new project according to your instructions, but the problem remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree unfortunately. RH was installed with administrator rights and now I have started the program via right click "Run as administrator". Then I tried first to generate a printed documentation from the sample projects; but I still got the error notification. After this I have created a new empty project and tried to create a printed documentation of the default text; this has also failed.

Thanks again for your great support!! Unfortunately the tests by now didn't lead to success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Word show as the location of Normal.dot?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Word settings there is a default path given for user defined templates: C:\Users\Middeke\Documents\Benutzerdefinierte Office-Vorlagen\

But the Normal.dotm is saved in a hidden folder under: C:\Users\Middeke\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

('Middeke' is my local user)

I have now added a template with the file type .dot (Normal.dot) but the error notification remains. My default Template is Normal.dotm (and I think the template with macros is needed, right?!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the Normal.dotm file is saved at C:\Users\sarsc\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates where sarsc is my local user.

My IT-guy asked me to ask you if this could have something to do with the fact that I'm running the 64-bit version of Office? He helped me check that RoboHelp indeed opens Word, but we don't really know what happens next. It somehow seems that Word just closes. He had an idea that I'm going to try, and then I'll get back to you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy your IT guy a big cream doughnut!

MIcrosoft themselves recommend the 32 bit version for compatibility with other programs. Get your IT guys to switch the version and I suspect all will be well.

Do let us know.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked my MS Office/Word version; it is a 32-bit version (although I have got a 64-bit OS).

I have changed my Word settings to "Run always as admin", but this has no effect.

And like Deepdene I can see that Word is started as background process when I create the printed documentation and is closed a few time later.

Unfortunately the 32-bit version of Word is not the solution for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64 bit OS is OK but you had said it was 64 bit Office.

I am trying to find out why this might be occurring.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it is a 32-bit version of Office. But Deepdene said that he runs a 64-bit version of Office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've tried switching to 32-bit Office but that didn't do the trick, unfortunately. I bought my IT guy a donut and told him to get back to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have exhausted the known fixes. Now I am waiting on some assistance. I'll post back as soon as I can.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some news for you... IT WORKS!!!

We think this has to do with either one of the following things, but we're not sure which one:

1) We opened the file PrintDoc.dot saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML\PrintDocExt. This document then remained open while I generated the printed documentation from RoboHelp.

2) When in the PrintDoc.dot file, we went to the View menu and selected Macros. From there, we manually run the Register macro.

I don't know exactly what made it work on my machine, but it may be worth giving this a go.

Peter Grainge, many many thanks for your time and expertise!! And Isabelle Middeke, good luck to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp