Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail image not shown in merged help RH2017 indigo layout

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using RH2017 with update 2 and am using merged responsive help with the Indigo layout.

I add a thumbnail in the parent project, and it shows a small image and pops up when clicked. This is correct.

In a merged project, the thumbnails always display a black background, as shown below, rather than the image, although it works correctly when clicked.

This seems to be a bug?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all browsers? Please check IE, FF and Chrome.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes it seems to be all browsers unless I'm doing something wrong. Don't think I am as it works in the parent with the same settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is working in the project standalone and only failing in merged help, then report it as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Error logged here:

Tracker

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have voted for this issue albeit that I got somewhat different issues. After voting I added Tracker Bug 1130 covering wider issues with merged HTML5 help.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Peter,

It looks like this will take Adobe some considerable time to fix and test all these issues in RH2017 with merged help..

In the meantime, I am left with an upgrade that I cannot use to deploy the new Indigo layout help - a tricky one to explain to my employer.

Just as well I still have RH2015...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue of your thumbnails being black (and the TOC not synchronising in IE) apart, these are all issues that if you are generating and deploying the full merge will not cause problems. If you need to deploy the system with say 3 of 5 children, the workaround would be to have a different TOCs in the parent pointing to just the required children.

Not ideal but they are issues that can be worked around until they are fixed.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I still have problems with Chrome syncing with over 3 merged projects.

For example, using your test project in the tracker above, the syncing works fine in Chrome.

If I add another child project - child_4, the syncing does not then work in the search or by clicking on the page in the books.

I remove the merged project from the parent and generate, it works again.

Would be grateful if you are able to confirm this yourself?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you regenerate all the projects including the parent after adding the new child?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now to double check - and there still seems issues.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to which folder the download is generating.

It might not have automatically changed to the drive where you have put the project.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a project and initially hit errors, as you may have guessed from my previous post. However, after correcting the paths the merge opens with all four projects and syncs OK in FF and Chrome. IE not tested as we know there is a TOC syncing issue there.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... Will try again tomorrow as i was definitely having issues in Chrome. I did reconfigure the generation output path.

My main project has 29 merged files. It initially worked fine but the synching broke somewhere along the way as more projects were added.

Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have tried again. In the indigo layout, clicking any page in any merged project using the icons below does not synch with the TOC in Chrome or FF. It sometimes randomly works but 99% of the time is doesn't.

If I remove the fourth merged project (or any other merged project) all works OK with just the three.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have emailed via WeTransfer the project where I added a fourth project. Note the instructions in the email and test that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Cheers for the file. Using your initial output FF doesn't sync at all using the books/pages.

In Chrome, is doesn't sync 99% of the time when using on my C drive.

However, when placed on a network drive, it work a lot better in Chrome but is still not 100% as some don't sync!?

Just going to regenerate and check.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regenerated. The first few clicks on books / topics worked in Chrome then it stopped synching completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be something in your browser setup or environment. I just tested what I sent you again in Chrome and no matter how many times I click the output, it works just fine.

Can you test at home?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes will try at home. I reset chrome to the original settings, cleared cache etc and everything so its very strange.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried it at home. It appeared to work but after clicking on various books and topics a number of times via the TOC the sync was lost.

It appears to be a random issue as pages that did sync sometimes do not.

I uploaded your output to a server. It works much better there, but still randomly fails.

I will await the Update 3 and then test.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing in Windows 10 fully updated and the latest versions of the browsers.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes so am I. Please see animated GIF of what is happening with your output for me.

If you click on it, should open full screen from the beginning:

Untitled.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are doing different is going back to the default page using the icon each time. It hadn't occurred to me to work that way as it is not how how I would normally use a help file. If the topic I had gone to wasn't what I wanted, I would use the inter topic links, search and index.

I agree what you are doing shouldn't break it so try my way of using the help and see if that works OK for you.If it does we have narrowed the problem down to one usecase. That can be reported but hopefully it is not the way most people would work anyway pending a fix.

Let me know how not always going back to default topic via the icon works.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Agree it is not standard usage, although some users will do that and it does break it.

Other usage in the test project seems to work OK although my large work project with 29 merged projects and thousands of topics doesn't sync at all via the TOC in Chrome or FF. Index and search work, but syncs only when you click a result for the second time.

I'm looking into this but there does seem to be issues with larger projects.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp