• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not expanded in mobile output by default

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am using RoboHelp 2022.0.346 to generate Responsive HTML output using Azure template. In the desktop view, I can see that the TOC is expanded by default in the left window. However, in the mobile view the TOC is not expanded and only the first topic is seen. The TOC expands when I click on the first topic. How can I get the complete TOC by default in the mobile view as well? Please help.

Thanks!

Kalyani.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Ah, that drill-down/accordion menu in the Azure Blue skin. I don't think you can change that behaviour through the interface. Do check all the options in the output preset and the skin for anything that looks relevant though.  And as Jeff suggested, check the other Responsive skins to see if they behave differently. Additionally, Frameless output is more configurable, so you could look at changing your output type if one of the frameless skins works the way you want, or has a configuration optio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the same as this thread? - https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/first-book-expanded-by-default-toc/td-p/14099022
If not, maybe it's just a function of that Azure template - have you experimented with any others to see if they behave the same way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for the reply! The thread you have mentioned is not exactly the same problem that I am trying to solve. I am ok with the first topic being expanded but I want the TOC to be shown completely and not just the first topic.

This is the desktop view where the TOC is expanded by default:

Kalyani360180101bnn_0-1710311118723.png

This is the mobile view where only the first topic is seen:

Kalyani360180101bnn_1-1710311356401.png

When 'Introduction' is clicked it expands to the complete TOC as in the desktop view. How can I get the mobile view to show the complete TOC by default instead of just the first topic 'Introduction' using the Azure template? Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are also not on the latest version of Robohelp 2022. We are up to Update 3 as of today. You should upgrade and check the behaviour in case something changed in one of the patches. You can also double-check changes by following the links in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/update-3-of-robohelp-2022-release-is-now-availab...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I will try to upgrade and check if it resolves this problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd do the update first and test again (good catch @Amebr !). If that has no impact, test it with another of the templates to see if it's an "Azure" issue or something else. If other templates behave the same way, then the next test is to try using the sample project to see if it works or not. If it does, then that indicates that there's something in your project that's tripping it up. If it doesn't work, then it's time to contact the RH folks either by email or through the Tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply!

As suggested by @Amebr , I changed the following setting in "usersettings.js" file to false and the TOC expands by default now on the mobile as well. 

model.publish(rh.consts("KEY_MOBILE_TOC_DRILL_DOWN"), true);

I have to change the setting everytime the output is generated to achieve the desired output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that drill-down/accordion menu in the Azure Blue skin. I don't think you can change that behaviour through the interface. Do check all the options in the output preset and the skin for anything that looks relevant though.  And as Jeff suggested, check the other Responsive skins to see if they behave differently. Additionally, Frameless output is more configurable, so you could look at changing your output type if one of the frameless skins works the way you want, or has a configuration option for that behaviour.

If you can't find anything any of those locations, you could try changing a setting in the output - this change would need to be made every time you generate however. (If you have a friendly developer, should be able to set it up as a Post-Generation Script in the output preset.)

I don't have access to RH2022 right now, but in the output, look for a "usersettings.js" file. Open it in a text editor and look for the line 

Change 'true' to 'false'.

If that exists in RH2022, then the output should now use the expanding toc rather than drilldown.

(You could also turn off the Responsive setting in the skin, but that changes the toc display to something rather inconvenient and confusing on mobile.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amebr , Thanks so much for your reply. I changed the setting in the  "usersettings.js" file as suggested by you and the TOC now loads in expanded form by default on the mobile. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Amebr.

We are using RH2022, converting up from RH2015.  We have approx 33 merged projects, and we have followed the parent-child merged project set-up as outlined by Peter Grainge very carefully. So far, so good. However, when we generate the help using azure blue and responsive HTML, our TOC appears as in Screenshot 2 below. It is what I think you are referring to as the "drill down" TOC.  The folder at the top in the orange circle must be clicked on in order to see the other merged projects. When another merged project is clicked on, again the user will only see the topics for that project.

Screenshot 1  is the generated TOC from RH2015. Each project--Archiving, Audit Reports, Batch Benefits, etc., is a merged project. When you click on one of these merged projects, as I have done with "Benefits," you see the topics associated with Benefits, but you also continue to see all the other available merged projects.

Screenshot 1 is what we want for our help in RH2022 using azure blue and responsive HTML. Based on your comment to a previous user, is the best way to achieve this to do the following in usersettings.js?

Change 'true' to 'false'.

Thank you for your help.

Snag_14bd4ca.pngSnag_14bf5a0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it a try and see - if it doesn't work, change it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this does work for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked. (And if you do have a friendly developer, they should be able to write a script that you can specify in the Post Generation Script field to change it automatically every time you generate.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to get help from someone regarding the script. Thanks for suggesting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp