• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC tiles missing after upgrading RoboHelp 2019 to 2022

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm upgrading help systems for two different product lines from RoboHelp 2019 to 2022. With one of them there were no problems - the structure and navigational elements look good. On the other the TOC tiles are missing and I haven't been able to figure out how to get them to display. The project TOC looks fine and all the structure is there, including all topic content. But the TOC tiles will not display. I'm using a frameless Oceanic template. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was from RH2019 Classic to RH2022? Or 2019 New UI to 2022? What point version of RH2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2019 Classic and 2022.3.93.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the template customized in RH2019 Classic? That may not have survived the upgrade and may need to be done again in RH2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was customized in RH2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say they are missing, does the home page open but without any tiles or does it go straight to the TOC and default topic?

If the latter, in the preset there is a setting Use Template Home Page. Maybe that has been deselected.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The home page opens, but without any tiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a search brings up the topics and the index works etc, just not the tiles?

I think @Jeff_Coatsworth has hit the nail on the head as upgrading customisation depends on how it was done. See this link.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you for your help. Prior to this I've been using FrameMaker to make all my content edits then importing the updated content into RoboHelp to generate my help outputs. There were a lot of customizations in RH and this process always resulted in plenty of issues that had to be worked through. The whole process far pre-dated my arrival here. I'm in the process of eliminating Frame and just doing everything in RH. But it looks like things aren't going to be as straightforward as I'd hoped for this help system. Since I just inherited the old process, it will be difficult for me to track down the problem customizations and how to address these. This, in a nutshell, is the challenge for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the customizations wouldn't have been on the FM side of things - they would have been in RH in the edits made to the skins/templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If customised in RoboHelp editor, the changes should upgrade but some customisations could be made via back door methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't think I'm enough of an expert in RoboHelp or web dev to easily grasp how to counteract the skin edits causing the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the projects? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I would like to see the last Classic copy and what you have now. Zip them up and see my Contact page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I'm able to share the projects, Peter. Although I do sincerely appreciate your desire to dig into my issues. I will let you know if I find out otherwise and/or if my frustration level continues to escalate my desperation. The most confusing aspect is that I have a similar help system for a different product line that doesn't have this problem. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp