• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic icon overlay in RH 2019

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched quite a bit, but I cannot find the answer.  What does the blue circle overlay on the topic icon in RH 2019 represent?  TIA

topic_icons.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Okay, I finally found it.

This one was driving me crazy because I had a tickle in my brain that I'd seen it before and actually found the answer and posted it in a different thread.

Here's the thread:

Re: Resource Manager - unsync doesn't remove icon from topic

Actually, it's mostly a moot point at this stage of the end of RoboHelp's life because RoboHelp is shedding the former body it once inhabited in order to become something new and different. So knowing what those icons actually represent lik

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is below this page icon? I note that there seems to be a minus symbol to the left of it. That seems to indicate it's expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm this is in RoboHelp 2019 Classic. If not, where are you seeing it?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is RH 2019 Classic in the Project Manager pod and it displays when viewing topics by file name or by topic title.  I thought it was a topic with bookmarks at first, but I see it on non-bookmarked topics as well.

pm.jpg

If I go to the Topics List pod, I see it there too, but only when viewing the topics in "Details" view.  If I switch the Topics List to show "List" view, the icon disappears.

I thought maybe it was identifying topics that are not included in a TOC or Index, but that isn't the case either.  It shows on topics in multiple TOCs and indices, on topics with only one TOC or index, and on topics with no TOC or index.

Then, I thought maybe it was showing topics associated with Map IDs, but that isn't it.

Changing the topic status doesn't affect it (In Progress, Ready for Review, etc.).

There is no source control on the project, either.

The icon isn't in the "File and Folder Icons" section of the RH 2019 help file, nor is it in the Using Adobe RoboHelp Classic (2019 release) PDF manual.

This has me stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I finally found it.

This one was driving me crazy because I had a tickle in my brain that I'd seen it before and actually found the answer and posted it in a different thread.

Here's the thread:

Re: Resource Manager - unsync doesn't remove icon from topic

Actually, it's mostly a moot point at this stage of the end of RoboHelp's life because RoboHelp is shedding the former body it once inhabited in order to become something new and different. So knowing what those icons actually represent likely dies with this version.

Anyhoo... Happy to have finally found the answer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick -- that is too bizarre, as I hadn't linked any "topics" to the Resource Manager (although hundreds of snippets and images in the project were linked).  This project was upgraded from a prior RH version to RH 2019 Classic, and the overlays displayed on some topics after the upgrade completed.

Since my last reply to this thread earlier today, I renamed the project and when I closed/reopened it, I received the unable to read the rhsharedresource.apj error.  I researched that, then decided to overlay the original .apj from the pre-upgraded project (changing the <rhpml majorversion="7" minorversion="13"> line), reopened the project, and the error went away.

After going through that process, the topic icon overlays went away.

Thanks for the help guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate the feedback. Sounds like RoboHelp was likely in a dazed and confused state!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp