Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Twisty images RH2020

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH2020.7.46

Can any image be used when applying twisties?

I have two .png images (expand and collapse) that appear in preview but do not appear after publishing.

Additionally, when I click either Image Placement icon (to place the twisty image to the left of the drop down title or the right of the drop down title) the file paths to the twisty images disappear.

Any suggestiongs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing or just generating? Try generating locally & see if they appear - if they do, then it's probably not getting all the files when publishing to your final location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The twisty images will appear in the preview window but do not appear after generating locally and (of course) then don't appear after publsihing to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, a lying preview! See if the sample project displays the same behaviour - if it does, then it leads to an issue with the software; if it doesn't, then there's something going on in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with 'the sample project'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a project in Documents > My RoboHelp Projects. It should show on your Starter Page.

I don't think there are any twisties in it though. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth I don't think the preview is lying, that is working from the local topic and it seems like your first answer that the images are not getting to the output.

@Brian22813887w8gl It would help to see what you are seeing where. Please add some screenshots of what you see in the topic and what you see in the output. Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

See below if you want to make your screen name more friendly.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, a topic preview - I was thinking it was the "I'm finished generating, would you like to see it now?" type preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check your CSS file. Open it and locate the code in source view. It should look something like this.

a.twisty {}
a.twisty::before {
vertical-align: middle;
margin-right: 0.25rem;
content: url('../images/arrowright.gif');
}
a.twisty.pressed::before {
vertical-align: middle;
margin-right: 0.25rem;
content: url('../images/arrowdown.gif');
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic view, which matches the preview page

Brian22813887w8gl_0-1653055806343.png

Generated and Published view

Brian22813887w8gl_2-1653055895753.png

Properties pod for Hyperlink Style 'a.dropspot2' which I created. This shows the image page of the .png files. When I click the 'Image Placement' icon (see under file path on left side of screenshot) the paths disappear.

Brian22813887w8gl_3-1653055970231.png

finally and likely most revealing, the code for the hyperlink style I created does not have any of the code shown in your sample.

Brian22813887w8gl_4-1653056049419.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have been confused with your code question and pasted the wrong section. See add'l screenshot below.

Brian22813887w8gl_5-1653056268714.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compare the lines with what I posted. That does not look right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project and create a twisty dropspot in the default CSS. If it works you will be able to see the issue. If not, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project and the twisty dropspot worked after being generated. Here is the code from the default css.

Brian22813887w8gl_0-1653069578430.png

One thing I didn't mention (and don't know if relevant) is the current project is a conversion from Robo2017.

Below is a screen shot of the project I am having difficulty and you'll notice the new twisty style I recreated (vs duplicating an exisitng dropspot style). The note regarding 'Created with Adoboe RoboHelp 2017' is shown. One more thing...

Brian22813887w8gl_1-1653069759423.png

To me, the only discernable difference between the code in the new project and the code in my converted project is the disjointedness of the text. That is, all text is together in the new project (top screen shot, Line 1). Regarding the converted project, the twisty style info is at the top while the twisty code info is at the bottom (line 1216)

Brian22813887w8gl_2-1653069911002.png

Before I forget, thank you for your help even if I can't get this figured out.

BW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try replacing what is in your earlier post with what is in the new one. Do make a backup first, at least of the CSS file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The twisty images appeared on the topic page after generating to my local drive (this is new, never happened before0. No reason to think the images won't carry over after publishing to the server but we'll see after the routine runs this evening.

FYI - I cut the "a.twisty" code at line 1 of the converted project (as seen in the above screen shots) and pasted at the bottom of the default.css file (to group the text like it appeared in the new project I created). Fingers crossed all will work with publishing. Thanks again, mate!

Brian22813887w8gl_0-1653073895669.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp