Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to detect the output path.

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My supervisor has given me one RoboHelp file. I got it from the download section. I cut and paste it inside the one-drive, document folder. RoboHelp project files were there. I pasted it there. I try to select the output folder, but it denied selection and showed failed word output generation. 

Note; I am using RoboHelp 2020 version 7. 46 and word 365 version.

Thanks. 

output.pngoutput generation.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Hi Peter,

Actually, we were unable to generate word output. We think that the output path is incorrect. But all that didn't work. Then we have gone into the output word present setting by right clicking three dots, there we have seen log files. In log files, it clearly says that CSS and js files are missing. So, my supervisor added the missing files to their folder and sent me the fresh folder. I open that folder with all the required files that were missing earlier. Now, it gave us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Further, I am using windows OS and my supervisor is using Mac OS. I have seen the Robohelp file folder, the output is inside the tray, But it should come as a separate output folder. Does this is the issue I am facing, or smt different?output folder.png 

Check the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I try to select the output folder, but it denied selection and showed failed word output generation."

If you are saying it has denied the selection because if has failed to generate, that is the wrong conclusion. The message is simply saying for some reason it cannot generate, not that the reason is the path.

First of all try to generate a Word output from the About RoboHelp sample project. If that generates then we know the issue is your project.

It seems to be time for the old divide and conquer approach.

In the new UI the output is controlled by what is in the TOC so create two duplicates of your TOC and delete different halves. One should work and one should fail. 

Assuming one half only failed, create a copy of it and again delete different halves. By repeating that you should narrow things down to the topic(s) that are giving grief.

If both failed, you need to create smaller and smaller sections.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you have managed to get an output folder as RoboHelp gives this message when you try. If you create the folder in Explorer, when you select it in the preset, again RoboHelp issues that warning.

image.png

Quite simply RoboHelp does not allow generation within the project. The relative path option is there to for Mac users but my guess is on your machine the output must be going somewhere else. If your supervisor is successfully generating there, it must be a bug on Mac machines. Is s/he successfully generating there?

The first thing you must do is generate outside the project but I believe you will still see the fail message.

I assume SMT is meant to mean "something". Even Google doesn't recognise that one.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, 

About Robohelp help file is working fine. It gives me the output as a word file. However, the previous doesn't come as C:/user/swaraj/..... 

It just appears as ...../output

What the reason behind it and how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let's check it is not the output path that is the issue.

Deselect the relative path check box. That allows you select an output path and will start at wherever that is currently. Is it the folder within the project? If it is, then select a location outside the project and try again. If it is outside the project, the only other possibility is the folder/file path length so create a folder off the root of the drive.

I suspect that will not change the warning you are getting. If correct, then see my answer re duplicating the TOC.

Make sure that if the issue was the drive, you discuss that with your supervisor to agree where the ouputs will be generated in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I discussed this with my supervisor. She told me to view log files inside the output preset, some CSS and js files were missing. after adding these files, we are able to get the correct output. Thanks for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. It might help someone in the future if you could let us know what did fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Actually, we were unable to generate word output. We think that the output path is incorrect. But all that didn't work. Then we have gone into the output word present setting by right clicking three dots, there we have seen log files. In log files, it clearly says that CSS and js files are missing. So, my supervisor added the missing files to their folder and sent me the fresh folder. I open that folder with all the required files that were missing earlier. Now, it gave us word output without any problem. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting what worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp