I'm currently unable to generate Word output for my help project. I'm using RH 2020 Ver 5. When I generate the Word output (which worked fine until recently), it processes for a few minutes, then fails with an error stating that the Word output did not generate. I've tried creating a new Word Output preset, but it fails in the same way. I have multiple print TOCs, and the error occurs no matter the TOC selected within the Output.
Jeff, thanks for responding to my question.
I don't think this is the issue. We're not seeing Microsoft errors when we generate. We're seeing a RoboHelp error:
I wonder if it's due to that recent Windows update that messed up printer spooling - RH might be trying to create the print job using it in the background.
Somewhere through this we should narrow down where the issue is.
See www.grainge.org for free Authoring and RoboHelp Information
This problem may have been related to Microsoft problems after all. Over the weekend, our Windows environments were updated with some Microsoft patches. This morning I tried creating a new Word preset output, and I was able to generate several Word files from our help system. So, it appears to be fixed.
I heard that MS has issued a "fix for the fix" on July 17th, so that might have been the solution for you - the fact that everything was working & then suddenly, not working, lead me in the direction of an underlying Windows/Office change. But I should have suggested, as Peter did, that you narrow down the source to either your project or environment first.