• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unreadable colors for tablet navigation in Charcoal Grey skin

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default colors for the index, glossary, and search in the Charcoal Grey skin "tablet" format are unreadable. The background is white and the font colors are light (see below). I have looked through all the settings and can't find a way to change this. Modifying the font colors and background color in the skin only affects the desktop layout. Is there any way to change this?

JCSalient_1-1665414082100.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of the screen when you change desktop colours, there is a tablet icon. Tap that to  change tablet colours.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click the tablet icon, it changes the preview. It shows me what it will look like in tablet, but it doesn't seem to allow me to change the settings that go with the tablet. The settings area stays the same and if I change one while in this "tablet" preview, it still only changes the desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it does work as you say. Let me check with my Adobe contacts.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the answer you want but here it is.

This is a known issue. There is no solution to fix this from RoboHelp skin editor. To work around this, user will have to change colors from css files instead of making changes from skin editor. User will have to add css which only apply to desktop layout.

Example-

body.media-desktop ul.list {

padding-top: 2rem;

}

In above example, style on list will only be applicable in case of desktop view. User will have to add these style in a css file and add that css file as user assets section in skin editor.

Put another way, set your tablet styles in the editor, then add styles for the desktop that need to be different.

I don't have any infomation on a fix.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thanks for the answer. It did not exactly fix my issue because I am using a Responsive HTML skins, which does not seem to have user assets. Also, the tablet and mobile layout colors are what seem to be the problem. 

Your answer did guide me to a solution though.

I modified the layout.css generated by RoboHelp to use darker font colors where necessary. It was a trick figuring out exactly what elements to change. Then I added a post generation script to put the correct layout.css in place.

I would think that the Charcoal Grey layout would have colors that contrast enough to read "out of box" without going through hoops. But I have things working for the time being anyway so thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They forgot to put the User Assets section in the Charcoal Grey skin in RH2019 New UI, but it's available in RH2020 - I'm not sure when it was added but I can see it in RH2020.8 at the bottom of the Layout panel.

(In Rh2019 New UI I'm pretty sure it's available in all the other Responsive skins, though, in case that's the version you're using).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp