• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the Snippet Category I've assigned to all my snippets keep getting removed by RoboHelp?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Version 2022.3.93 (i.e., Update 3 of RoboHelp (2022 Release)) last month. Created Snippet Categories so I could organize all my snippets. (My snippets were created in RoboHelp 2022, not an earlier version of RoboHelp.) Went through each snippet and assigned a Snippet Category. All went well for a little while. In the left panel of RoboHelp, I would select Snippets. All my snippets would display in their correct Snippet Category. I could drag and drop to my topic without issue. Then one day, I added a new snippet with a Snippet Category. Immediately all my other snippets' categories were removed. In the left panel of RoboHelp, after selecting Snippets, the only snippet I would see was the new one. All others were gone. (They were still available if I went to Contents > assets > snippets. But dragging and dropping from there to my topic is not the same/does not work correctly.) So I took the time and went back through all of them again to assign a Snippet Category. Again, all went well for a little while. Then one day, I added yet another new snippet with a Snippet Category. Immediately all my other snippets' categories were removed. So I again took the time to go back through all of them to assign a Snippet Category. This has happened four times now. I'm afraid to add a new snippet (with or without a Snippet Category) for fear that this will continue. Has anyone else experienced this to know what's causing it? Is there a way I can avoid this from happening (and having to go back through all my snippets to assign a Snippet Category)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some paragraphs would help. 🙂

This is a new feature and I have not seen any previous reports of this problem. I think you will likely need to take it up with Support but let me check with an Adobe contact to see if they are aware of this happening.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smells a bit like a bug - but wait to see what Peter can find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have not been able to replicate this. Are you willing to share the project direct with them? If so I will get instructions.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@angelae68007195 Please let me know what is happening here. The Adobe Support you can reach will not be able to help as they would need to refer this one to the development team. It is the development team who have asked for your project.

• If you want this investigated, let me know and I will get a link so that you can upload the project direct to Adobe. The easiest thing would be to Private Message me with your email address so that I can pass that on.
  • If you no longer want this looked at, again let me know so that everyone can close this off.

One thought before we do anything more, is your project on your C drive and not using OneDrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately @Peter Grainge , due to the nature of the company I work for and author a Help system for, I cannot share my project. Plus, I cannot replicate on-demand to give anyone specific steps to cause the issue to actually happen. It just happens when it happens. I've opted to not assign a Category to any of my Snippets until I want/need to use them again. I'll just have to continue with that process. I do appreciate all your time, effort, and assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did realise you would only be sharing with Adobe? 

Without the project there is nothing they can do. 

Prefix the snippets with a category name to force the order is the only workaround I can think of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp