Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to Continue Numbering for "ol" style

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019

I have inserted an image right after number 4 in my numbered list and, of couse, the image was numbered "5."  I right-clicked the image and selected "Remove List" and the numbering was removed. However, the next item is numbered "1" and I need it to continue as "5."

On Peter Grainge's site it says to continue the numbering "click in the list and in Properties > General you will see Restart Numbering."

I don't have this option. And, I want to continue the numbering scheme, not restart it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Shift-Enter after point 4, insert your image, hit Enter & you should have point #5 appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works for the picture, but what do I do for the Note (second nono-numbered content) after the picture?

If I hit return, I get the numbers starting all over again at "1" and I can't figure out how to get them to pick up again with "5"

Plus....I don't want that numbered. I want it to be a Note style.  Applying the Note style to the content doesn't get rid of the numbering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift-Enter again after the image, put the note in, hit Enter to start numbering up again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  That turns the pic into a Note also.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can turn off numbering of the Note at the main task bar.  But, then, the next numbered item goes back to "1."
I couldn't find help on how to contintue the numbering at "5" (for example). Can you tell me how to continue numbering in a list?

Here is the HTML.  Is there an "li" tag I can set?

<li start=""> and <ol start="">  don't work.

ContinueList.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazier yet....I found this post, but this is way over my HTML abilities....
counter_increment.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to log in to tell you the answer was in this thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/how-do-i-reset-the-numbering-in-a-set-of-steps-in-rh2019-new...

After the image, let the numbering restart at 1, add some text, then put the cursor at the beginning of the text, then you will see restart.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see "Remove List" when I position the cursor in the text.  I don't see any restart option.

(Also- when I check to see what style is mapped when my cursor is there.....its "p"....no option to restart numbering)

no_restart.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEFORE the text, not in it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up.  I think I'm going to use a 2-column table.  One column with numbered step and pic; second column with any notes.

...hmmm....maybe not.  I inserted a table to start populating content from the steps I already had input.  As soon as I start retyping into the first cell of the table, content from the first step below (complete with OL attributes) starts "bleeding" into the table.  Just strange.

TechWriter57_0-1590615494077.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction. See image.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I position my cursor in the text of the numbered item, the system identifies it as "p" not "li" so I don't have that option.

numbered_as_paragraph.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cursor IS positioned at the beginning of the text.  It is identified as "p" style and no General option for "Restart Numbering"

I can't position it before "1."

(I would really rather continue the numbering and get this resolved with your help.  The table alternative isn't very appealing.)

cursor_position.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I make each step a Snippet, and each starts with a new header/body, then the step is recognized as an "ol" and I can change the number.

Yes. As a Snippet with a single list item, I can have its number incremented and I can also press Return and insert and image on the nextline without numbering applied. I can then press Return after the image and create a Note that is not affected by numbering.

Too many issues with a long list with more than one numbered item and content inserted in between steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you put your CSS file and the topic you are showing in a zip file and send it to me?  If you can, then see the Contact page on my site. You can attach those to an email rather than using WeTransfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp