• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Cell Borders not Displaying in Chrome

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all my topics, the borders around individual cells in all the tables are not showing when I viewed using Chrome. Besides that, everything else is working just fine with Chrome and cell borders display as they should in IE and Firefox (Firefox does have a couple other unrelated display issues though). I do use a table style to format all the tables but the style does not have cell borders since I could never get it to work the way I wanted. I use the style for all the tables and then manually add the cell borders. Could that maybe have something to do with it, is there a known issue that I just couldn’t find anywhere?

RoboHelp10 / WebHelp Pro SSL / Output Files Hosted in SharePoint 10

Chrome (pardon my content)

Robo_Table_Cell_Chrome.png

IE/Firefox (again with the content)

Robo_Table_Cell_IE.png

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Yah, so I was setting the interior cell borders to .5pt on all my tables. Changed it to 1px instead and now they display in Chrome just fine. I am going to mark my own response as the correct answer and notify Captain Obvious. Apparently, it seems that any rule set below .8pt in will not display in Chrome. Not sure if this is a RoboHelp thing or a Chrome thing though?

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I would ditch creating WebHelp Pro - that's intended to work specifically with a RoboHelp Server; you're not getting any more functionality by generating that flavour (in fact, there are some deliberate limitations built into the SSL for WebHelp Pro).

Next I would make sure that you've implemented all the patches that have come out for browsers - see RoboHelp Patches and Updates | WvanWeelden.eu for a list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, I will give those things a try and reply back with the results.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have have implemented all the latest patches and switched over to WebHelp instead of WebHelp Pro. Although I am definitely more pleased with the output results, all the table cell borders still do not display in Chrome. Has anybody else run into this problem before? I use tables a lot and this is pretty annoying, should I try messing with the table style I use?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never really noticed, but I just tried Chrome with my patched up RH10 WebHelp out & all I see are the internal cell borders of my tables. With FF, it displays the same way as Chrome & with IE11 it behaves the same way too. I guess I could play with the CSS to see if that would change anything, but it looks ok as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh, just noticed it is doing the same thing when I just do the preview through Chrome too. I am thinking it has got to be something to do with the table style. I played with using the different table styles from the gallery and when previewing them through Chrome, they all did different things, weird! I am going to try and mess with the CSS to see if I can get the table style to give me what I want and maybe resolve the issue.

Will re-post with my findings, thanks.

In the meantime, has anybody else noticed this (RH10)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yah, so I was setting the interior cell borders to .5pt on all my tables. Changed it to 1px instead and now they display in Chrome just fine. I am going to mark my own response as the correct answer and notify Captain Obvious. Apparently, it seems that any rule set below .8pt in will not display in Chrome. Not sure if this is a RoboHelp thing or a Chrome thing though?

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp