• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Generated images got rejected for IP?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI generated images I submitted got rejected due to intellectual property laws even though I own full rights to the image and no logos, brands, recognizable buildings people or anything are in the images.

Sports Car in Tokyo.jpg

Sports Car in Tokyo2.jpg

Sports Car In Tokyo3.jpg

   

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding that Adobe doesn't allow signs or logos of any sort, except as Editorial.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm quite new to this, as editorial you mean what? Also why doesn't adobe allow any stock images to have a sign or logo in them, I've seen tons of images on adobe stock with, amazon logos, youtube logos, google logos, ect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't pass as editorial. And it is not necessary. However you should be sure that no real logos are shown. 

Google etc logos are nowhere to be found, with the exceptions that are mentioned in the contributor's manual. Please show an example from your tons of images.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before proceeding any further with your Adobe Stock journey, you should read all of the Stock Help pages which will prevent a lot of confusion and increase your rate of acceptance:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html

Info on Editorial images is shown here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logos and signs are the Intellectual Property of the property owner, and no one can utilize that IP commercially without getting express permission from the owners of that IP to do so.  Read about Adobe Stock's IP guidelines here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

Until you understand the basics of IP as it relates to selling stock images, you're going to be quite frustrated...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you comply with all the requirements for Generative AI?

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/generative-ai-content.html

The signs and logos in these images will earn an IP rejection.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add a property release for the images? You should add one.

The first car looks a lot like a Corvette, the others do also remind me of existing iconic cars. In addition, I would refuse the images for quality issues. There are errors with the cars that should be corrected. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  That's it!  1970's Corvette!  I also spent some time trying to figure out what those tail lights reminded me of.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot use trademarked brand elements in any of your stock content regardless of whether it is generative AI or other asset types. We are selling licenses for commercial use. 

Before you continue to submit content to Adobe Stock, please be sure to review our legal guidelines here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Thank you,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines