• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alphabetical Keywords in Lightroom vs Keyword order uploading stock.

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am always looking for a new way to streamline my stock photography workflow and have done a pretty good job.  I LOVE the photography and see the keywording, titling and uploading as a necessary evil as many likely do.  lol 

One of the most obvious things that is missing from LightRoom which I believe many of us use for catalogging our images, is the ability to store our keywords in the order WE choose rather than the order of the alphabet!  Adobe Stock states that the order is important when uploading, but LR, their product, does not support keeping your keywords in the order you enter them or the order you choose!

Am I missing something?

Gill

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Yes, you are correct. Lightroom alphabetizes keywords and Adobe Stock requires you to enter them in order of relevance. In my personal workflow I use Bridge to keyword as they stay in the order I add them through Bridge. The other option is resort by dragging the 7 most relevant keywords to the top once your content is uploaded into the portal.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct. Lightroom alphabetizes keywords and Adobe Stock requires you to enter them in order of relevance. In my personal workflow I use Bridge to keyword as they stay in the order I add them through Bridge. The other option is resort by dragging the 7 most relevant keywords to the top once your content is uploaded into the portal.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mat,

Thanks for the reply!  This is a great workaround, but as a long term, wouldn't it make more sense to give users control over their keyword order in LR?  I was a bridge user for years and happily abandoned it completely when I moved to Lightroom as the workflow was much more fluid and the cataloging is strong!

Gill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mat, I'm currently using C1 12 Pro as you can position keywords in the order you need them rather than alphabetically.

However, I've had a bit play with Adobe's LR CC Mobile apps and they are really good but you cannot do anything with the order of the keywords. Is there anyway you can rank keywords in these apps. Seems a little odd that Adobe needs this at Adobe Stock but their own software doesn't allow you to rank them. Is there a Bridge alternative for Mobile apps?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use xpiks, a free utility for titling and keywording, after I process the images in Lightroom and Photoshop. You can also upload the images to multiple agencies after you finish the keywording.

The link for the utility: http://xpiksapp.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines