• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch rejections

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a contributor to AS for years and have always been satisfied with the constructive and fair evaluation of my submitted images. My acceptance rate has usually been between 80% and 90%.
This has changed since last week.
Suddenly complete batches are being rejected with the reason "quality problems". The acceptance rate has dropped to 0%. The rejected images are completely identical in quality to images that were accepted weeks ago and are selling.
There is clearly a systematic error in Adobe's review process. I would be pleased if the reviewers were also subjected to an audit and I hope that Adobe will find its way back to the good and successful way of the review process

Translated with [link removed by moderator] (free version)

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your assets get rejected for quality issues, I would suggest that you check your assets for quality issues.

Having prior acceptance and even sales does not mean that the assets are quality issue free, especially as you are saying that the quality did not change to prior submissions. Adobe added, in the last year, millions of new assets into the database. They can be picky on the quality requirements. 

Many contributors are reporting an increase in rejections. I think that this is a reaction to Adobe's effort to bring back quality assets into the database, after a year of accepting many flawed assets that now need to be sorted out.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, I've been in this business for 6 years now and of course not only with Adobe. I can judge very well whether an image is of sufficient quality or not. And I have (so far) always been able to understand when Adobe has rejected an image because of quality problems.
Now it's not individual images that are rejected, but entire batches.
My batches consist of very different images, both in terms of motifs and composition and processing. It's nonsense that all these images should suddenly have quality problems from one day to the next. Especially as images with similar processing and similar results have already been accepted.
No, there are no quality problems with the images.
It's a quality problem with the reviewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this a competition of years in business, I just checked, my first refusal was 7 years ago. 

You are free to claim whatever you think, but always when users like you posted an asset for fellow contributors to ckeck, those fellow contributors found some errors that warranted the refusal. 

Similar images with similar processing is no guarantee of success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on a very high horse and seem to be a kind of barker for Adobe. Okay, let's forget that.
What I'm getting at with my post is 2 points:
1. it would make me happy if Adobe would take the post as a suggestion for a review of the review process. The high number of new entries, which has now increased the review time to 8 weeks, seems to be overwhelming Adobe.
2. I'm interested to know if the phenomenon of batch rejections affects a relevant number of other contributors. If it is contributors like me (many years of experience, low rejection rate and several thousand images at Adobe), I would appreciate it if they could also comment. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the forum and you find some contributors claiming that their submissions get refused for no reason.

Adobe does not follow the discussion here. The board is practically exclusivly driven by "barkers for Adobe, riding high horses" and other contributors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me since last week...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me since last week...

By @Jose Luis0D4D

Rejections are for reason. You should post one or two of your assets in a separate thread, and we will have a look into that. Please post as submitted. And please add the refusal reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @Abambo said, rejections are for a reason. No matter how small. I've held a .05 rejection rate for months on Adobe Stock, and over the past month or so, it climbed to .07. I decided to spend time examining the rejections as closely as possible and correct what might have been the cause for refusal, fixed the issues (no matter how minor) and resubmitted them. They have been being accepted at a rate of maybe one or two per day and I'm now back down to a comfortable .06 rejection rate. I should add, when I can't find anything wrong, no matter how hard I look, I'll start over with the image from scratch and use generative expand to allow room for copy.

Bear in mind there are two distinct but similar reasons for rejections: Quality Issues and Technical Issues. Quality Issues, to me, can include issues with composition, cropping off the tops of heads just ever so slightly, a fork with a slightly bent prong, a pinky finger missing a nail, or even a flyaway hair disconnected from the scalp that is only visible at 300%. When in doubt, always look at the image at 300%.

Anyway, when I originally decided to post something before I went off on this tangent, it was to say: if you are going to complain about higher rejection rates of late, post a couple rejections. Just telling us that it's been happening a lot doesn't really move things forward. Maybe we'll find something. And if we don't, we'll put ourselves in the position of moderators and nit-pik the image to death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch of AI-generated images Frank?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ole, yes this year most images are ai.

the batches contained really different images. 

if adobe accepted 20% i would move on.

but 100% failed, two batches in a row. not ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is extremely difficult to create good AI images.The requirements have (fortunately) become stricter! I haven't uploaded very many so far, but I (of course) have some projects going. I feel the same way - if the rejection rate is way too high, I don't care anymore. Good luck ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are more than 1500 ai in my adobe pf.

they make about 20% of my images, but they generate about 50% of my sales.

some reached the top ten of all time in a few weeks, ai are really good sellers.

so i should know how to make this kind of images.

i edit every single ai, like a normal photo.

a rejection rate of 100%, suddenly without any change, is a cruel joke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upload a couple of the rejected images here, the Community members here can provide input as to the possible reasons for rejection.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read many reports here and in the Discord Server about significantly higher AI rejection rates. Clearly, Adobe has decided to raise the bar regarding the acceptable level of AI errors. Thus, what might have been approved 2 months ago is no longer acceptable.  I suppose it's possible that, when confronted with a large batch of images, a Moderator, after seeing errors in the first few, is less attentive to the rest of the images in the batch and quick to hit the reject button. For this reason, I never submit large batches - usually 4-5 images at a time.

Nevertheless, when other Contributors here have posted a few samples of rejected images, the errors are easily detectable. It is very rare for a rejected image to be submitted here in which no flaws are found. It seems that Adobe is now applying the same stringent quality standards to AI that they have long applied to photographs. Buyers will be grateful.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it's possible that, when confronted with a large batch of images, a Moderator, after seeing errors in the first few, is less attentive to the rest of the images in the batch and quick to hit the reject button.

By @Jill_C

Don't add to the conspiracy theories here @Jill_C. 😂

It's as well possible, that when a moderator gets a batch of images to moderate, and they detect errors on the first few images, that they are very trained to detect similar errors on the next 1000 assets. 

But yes, if you hit a very stringent moderator, you earn serial refusals. If you submit smaller batches, it is more probable that you hit moderators of different moods and states of fatigue. 

What I find especially troubling with such reports are:

• The assets are perfect and should pass.
  • The assets are as perfect as the prior ones and should pass.
  • The assets should pass as I submitted flawed assets before and they got accepted.
  • Why should my assets get refused, the buyer should decide, if the asset is good enough.
  • It's unfair to refuse my assets.

It may well be that flaws in assets don't bother customers for one application (like web). But it is equally clear that assets can frustrate users, when they show flaws and make the intended use for the user quite impossible. 

I've done enough designs that need high quality assets to know how frustrating and costly it is to find a fitting asset, if the original asset is so flawed. And then, there is the users deception. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My acceptance rate has usually been between 80% and 90%.

By @frankh80664222

==========

That's nice.  But how many of them actually sold?   

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quite a lot. adobe is my best ms agency.

ai gave a real burst in sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines