• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a contributor sign up for 2 different accounts?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am keen to submit illustrations and vectors. However, I don't want to mix my photo content with illustrations / vectors, as I feel the search objectives are different, plus the browsing experience is definitely better for the end user if the batreu of the content is separated. 

But, is it allowed? Any advice on how to differentiate my portfolios?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

I doubt that this is allowed, and I would not do that, as your notoriety popularity increases with the number of sales. You are welcome to ask this question to contributor support and to update this thread when you have an answer. Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

As this is a contributor related question, I will move it to the contributor forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Even if it was allowed, you would be competing with yourself for sales.  So there is nothing to be gained from having multiple accounts.

Remember,  keywords are what customers search for.  Focus on good keywords and descriptions.

If customers want to filter results to just vectors, they can.  You don't need to do that for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that this is allowed, and I would not do that, as your notoriety popularity increases with the number of sales. You are welcome to ask this question to contributor support and to update this thread when you have an answer. Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

As this is a contributor related question, I will move it to the contributor forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that this is allowed, and I would not do that, as your notoriety increases with the number of sales.

By @Abambo

To clarify a word  here, notoriety, has a negative connotation  - to be well known for something bad.

A better word would be popularity. 

The OP's popularity will increase with the number of sales.

So, of course it would not be a good idea to have two different portfolios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. That's when writing as a non-native speaker. In my language it means indeed more than popularity. And "popular" may have a negative connotation! How languages can change perceptions!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there is any benefit to having multiple accounts. I don't think that Buyers usually search by Contributor, but rather by asset type and subject keywords so they'll never know, or be inconvenienced, by the fact that you have multiple asset types in your account. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it was allowed, you would be competing with yourself for sales.  So there is nothing to be gained from having multiple accounts.

Remember,  keywords are what customers search for.  Focus on good keywords and descriptions.

If customers want to filter results to just vectors, they can.  You don't need to do that for them.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines