• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anybody please tell me what may be the technical issues regarding this photo ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Stock to Stock Contributors.]

PicsArt_09-02-01.08.42.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

You seem to have converted part of it to black and white. (I see why, but Adobe Stock isn't a gallery for artistic expression). Adobe want the "illusion of reality" - a carefully managed and fixed realistic picture. The expectation is that effects and tricks will be added by the purchaser.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

I kind of like this image.  And I am reluctant to say NEVER because in photography, sometimes rules are broken for a reason and with good results. 

Stock has some colorized B&W images in their database.  Used correctly on a visually & technically perfect photo, the effect can be quite dramatic.  See example.

Source: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/design/discover/colorize-black-and-white-photos.htmlSource: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/design/discover/colorize-black-and-white-photos.html

• Examine your image at 100-200% magnification.  Candies are not in focus. 
  • Candies are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

The highlights on the bag are overexposed with no details and the candies are not sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have converted part of it to black and white. (I see why, but Adobe Stock isn't a gallery for artistic expression). Adobe want the "illusion of reality" - a carefully managed and fixed realistic picture. The expectation is that effects and tricks will be added by the purchaser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now that I think about what you pointed out I understand the problem here as well. Thanks for helping me out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of like this image.  And I am reluctant to say NEVER because in photography, sometimes rules are broken for a reason and with good results. 

Stock has some colorized B&W images in their database.  Used correctly on a visually & technically perfect photo, the effect can be quite dramatic.  See example.

Source: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/design/discover/colorize-black-and-white-photos.htmlSource: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/design/discover/colorize-black-and-white-photos.html

• Examine your image at 100-200% magnification.  Candies are not in focus. 
  • Candies are in too much shadow. 
  • Candy color vibrancy must pop more. 
  • Also the model's thumbnail needs trimming/cleaning.

The devil is in the details.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will keep the remarks in mind when i click photos next time. Thanks for the help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even me, I have technical issues on my photos, don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin Acla Photography,

It's not nice to hijack another person's discussion. 

Do you have a Stock Contributor question?  Please start a new topic along with 1-2 of your rejected photos.  Someone here will be happy to provide you with feedback.

Thank you,

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I'm sorry, okay I'll start my own thread. 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When looking through the Adobe marketplace please keep in mind that at one point Adobe accepted black and white images, and some images on the Adobe platform are inherited through acquisitions. It's best to just follow the guidelines and not to search for images that goes against what is currently acceptable. Adobe currently do not accept images with special effects. That is according to the guidelines. Adding special effects limit the saleability of your file since there's no way to reverse changes. Make the necessary technical corrections and upload as close to natural as is possible.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The highlights on the bag are overexposed with no details and the candies are not sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines