Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Common reasons why a photo is rejected with Technical Reasons

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new here and new to photography and I wonder what are some common reasons why a photo is rejected for technical reasons and how I can figure it out, given the fact that no explanations are given. I have a recently rejected photo and I'm not sure what's the issue and how to correct it.

Any tips or insights are welcomed.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Focus, noise, chromatic aberration, underexposed, overexposed, leaning horizon are common issues. Follow this forum for a while and review the comments that are posted on submissions, and it will help you to identify and correct issues in your images before they are uploaded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

It's important to always look at your photo at 100%-200% magnification to see what is really going on.  If you are looking at a smaller version, you may not notice the imperfections.

IMG_0744a.jpg

The photo looks overprocessed to me.  The branches have a "painterly" look to them without a lot of detail.  The snow has strange patterns on it.  The goat (especially the feet) also have that painterly look.  I suspect that it was processed to remove a lot of noise because of low light conditions and then over

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Also often: signatures, frames, vignettes, converting to black and white, artistic effects, imperfect corrections to things that are removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Focus, noise, chromatic aberration, underexposed, overexposed, leaning horizon are common issues. Follow this forum for a while and review the comments that are posted on submissions, and it will help you to identify and correct issues in your images before they are uploaded. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Would you be able to help me understand what is wrong with the attached image? I think the focus is ok and it doesn't seem under/over exposed too me.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a really beautiful image, but I have to agree with Rob that it does seem to have been over processed.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also often: signatures, frames, vignettes, converting to black and white, artistic effects, imperfect corrections to things that are removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cosmin D if you'd like to post your original file you submitted that was rejected, we could offer some suggestions as to what the issues could be.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did that. Your insights are much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to always look at your photo at 100%-200% magnification to see what is really going on.  If you are looking at a smaller version, you may not notice the imperfections.

IMG_0744a.jpg

The photo looks overprocessed to me.  The branches have a "painterly" look to them without a lot of detail.  The snow has strange patterns on it.  The goat (especially the feet) also have that painterly look.  I suspect that it was processed to remove a lot of noise because of low light conditions and then oversharpened.  The post editing is important, but the end product should be natural looking.  If this was taken with your phone, the sensor is too small to work well in difficult lighting situations and then the phone automatically overprocesses the image to be what it thinks it should be.  If you have taken this photo with a camera in RAW format, you should be able to try the edit again to get a more natural look.

I hope this helps.  (Cool photo by the way.)

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are right about the noise reduction, I overused it. The original photo is in RAW format so I'll try again taking into account your advice.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was the noise introduced by high ISO or because of underexposure? Snow pictures get very often underexposed because the exposure measurement gets fooled by the snow.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines