Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content rejected for no reason

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a question: some content sent and rejected can be subjected to a second review. I have a rejected content because it says that it does not adapt to what they are looking for but the content is relevant and in fact other similar content and of the same theme was accepted.

What can be done in these cases?

Thank you

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is ALWAYS a reason. What exactly was the reason? There is no appeal and no review. It would cost Adobe far too much, they have to process tens of thousands of submissions a day. Much cheaper to reject some good work than engage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post your asset here, give us the rejection reason, we will have a look into it and if you can correct, you can correct and resubmit.

Look into the following for more information. If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the message that appears in the "not accepted" section:

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review the vector. Unfortunately, we have found that it does not suit our needs."

This same vector with some modifications to avoid rejections for similar content I previously uploaded it a few days ago and it was accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ziuu ,

Our files are in a queue and different moderators review them. It could be one of several thing here, a different moderator reviewed and do not see this file appealing for commercial use, or there was enough time to see the response to your similar vector and based on that a decision was made and communicated that affected this one, or the modification is what sparked the reason for rejection. It could be that the first one should not have been accepted in the first place and that it was just your lucky moment. We cannot really say exactly. I've learnt to let rejections like these pass by. I've had an experience on another platform where I got a rejection and appealed and ended up with more rejections because the similar ones I uploaded previously should not have been accepted.

The best thing I can suggest here is that to compensate for your hard work, is to upload it on another platform - Adobe is not exclusive.

Best wishes

Jacquelin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

And thanks additionally for clarifying a doubt I had for some time and that is that there are several reviewers (not just one or the same) who review the contents.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

===========

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review the vector. Unfortunately, we have found that it does not suit our needs."

==========

There is no appeals process, sorry.

If it had been rejected for technical reasons, you would be invited to fix it and resubmit.  But that was not the case here.  Adobe doesn't think it will sell. 

Try submitting it to another microstock agency.  Maybe they have customers who will buy it.   Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you..!

well, yes, will go to other agencies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have problems with the refusal message. Please post the text in red (like in the example) here:

Abambo_0-1652824006592.png

My guess: take the message out and resubmit:

Abambo_1-1652824087617.png

The messaging makes the file unusable in certain situations and is not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right if the image was just a jpg but it is a vector and what I have loaded is the .eps file. This allows the client to modify in his chosen vector program the image; of course he can remove both ads; the idea is to give him a hint of how he could commercially use that image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I never buy EPS files.  In my world, EPS is a dead file type.  I only use AI or SVG vectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are partially right. Anyway an eps can be converted to svg

As for AI, what if the buyer does not have Illustrator or someone who has the program or knows it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ziuu 

Adobe allows EPS uploads, and other agencies do also. Therefore they must be selling. If they weren't selling they would not be allowed.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are partially right. Anyway an eps can be converted to svg

As for AI, what if the buyer does not have Illustrator or someone who has the program or knows it?

By @Ziuu

Ai files should be submitted with the PDF preview embedded. That Preview is used by other programs like InDesign to display the image. Such Ai files can be opened as PDF files, which is a lot better than EPS files, as EPS files don't allow for such niceties like transparency and other modern elements. So if you buy an EPS file, and the Ai part is not embedded (a pure EPS file) you basically get a dead file; as @Nancy OShea said, EPS is dead and won't evolve any more. If you buy an Ai file and the PDF is not embedded, you know at least, that you get a file that can be worked with, except if the contributor did some weird things to make the file unusable. Those not having access to Creative Cloud are effectively disadvantaged with Ai files, but with Adobe stock, I do not bet that there are a lot. Those will download the JPEG version of the file.

@jacquelingphoto2017 is right in that sense that EPS files are allowed to upload, and they sell. But it's not really the best format you can offer, especially for Adobe stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think that, as @Nancy OShea  says, it would be better to send the vectors in svg in the case of Adobe or even in the case of the agencies that allow it, which are almost all of them??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Nancy OShea, I'm not in favour of EPS. SVG seams to be the most universal format. I know that Nancy is highly qualified to make the assessment that she does. If in doubt, I think it is good to follow her advice. I do not submit a lot of vector files, but when I do, I use Illustrator format with the PDF format included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will start uploading the vector contents in svg following the advice of both of you. Although certainly if Adobe, for example -as well as other agencies- allows selling vector content in eps, it must be for a reason; that is, it must be profitable in terms of sales, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ziuu 

I do not upload a lot of vectors, but when I do, I upload to Adobe and one other platform in AI format and a third platform specifically ask for EPS format. Therefore EPS must be selling. In any case, the final decision is based on your likeness and choice.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @jacquelingphoto2017  for your advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Ziuu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among other things, EPS can't support ICC color profiles.

Successful vector artists give customers a choice of file types instead of pigeonholing themselves into one or the other.

Do whatever works best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how convenient it is to upload the vector content in a zip file that contains both the eps and the svg. Adobe and others allow you to upload zip files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how convenient it is to upload the vector content in a zip file that contains both the eps and the svg. Adobe and others allow you to upload zip files.

By @Ziuu

I do not know if it is possible to upload an Ai file and an SVG file in a ZIP file. The ZIP file is intended to be used to upload the vector file together with your JPEG file because the Adobe generated JPEG is not colour proof.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer can also buy a JPEG, and some do that. It will surprise you, but without your hint you will have an asset that is more universally usable. Don't add elements that don't give an additional value. The buyer will know, why he acquires the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines