• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Critique Needed Please

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone give a critique/explanation/best guess as to why these are rejected. Help move me along the right path, please!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they get refused? If so, what was the reason?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they got refused.

It was just the standard reason/no-reason of quality issues.

So I don't know enough (outside of the guidelines given on the sites supporting documents) about the factors of quality to know which would be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quality issues are not the standard and above all, it's a legitimate reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these AI generated Illustrations?  They appear to be.  I wonder what the reason is for upscaling through Gigapixel?

At first glace the cutout work on the bow tie needs some work to smooth it out a bit in places, and both the computer chip and motherboard images have an odd overprocessed appearance in the details when zoomed in.  This is very common with AI generated content, but it could also be from Gigapxel.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt its the cutout work though. I do that part manually, not a background remover, which I find dont do a great job. I might have been under the impression that Gigapixel AI improved quality, rather than just enlarging the photo...still not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cutout work on the bow tie is good, but it does have some noticeable imperfections.  For a commercial asset, Adobe is looking for assets free of any technical imperfections in my experience.

Are these AI generated illustrations?  That could also be the reason for the overprocessed look in the computer chip and motherboard images.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, they are ai generated.

I wonder if generating images in certain styles would create better assets. For example, cartoon drawings as the colors will be flat throughout. Same with line drawings, etc. Basically areas where the ai doesn't fall short of actual photos/illustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I easily see imperfections in the bow ties. I didn't look that closely at the computer images, but I suspect similar problems. I think I'm still at only about 80% accepted AI images - still figuring out where the quality standards are.

Upscaling is not allowed. I'm not sure what gigapixel is/does, but I use an AI "image restoration" to make larger images (SwinIR). I've had some AI that imitates traditional art media, some that imitates digital art media, and some that imitates photographs accepted, but it has to be 100% correct. In fact, I've been a traditional media artist for decades, and I'm starting to think it's just easier to make traditional art than acceptable AI art. (I'm having a great time playing with this new technology, though.) 

AI images can't have anything that doesn't "make sense" - that a photograph wouldn't capture or an artist wouldn't include. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well hello!

I've been drawing in charcoal for the past couple years, never been completely comfortable creating digitally. Also just starting to play with the ai "art".

And THAT is what I was looking for, "image restoration", I assume. I didn't know what I was looking for though. I can't help but wonder how ai image restoration will work. Hotpot.ai for example..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know hotpot.ai, either, unfortunately.  I hit on SwinIR fairly early on, and I haven't experimented beyond that with "image restoration."  I know you can upsize (make a new AI image, NOT an upscale) with img2img and I think probably ControlNet, too, but I haven't experimented with that. 

It seems to me the support community here isn't super AI friendly. I suggest you check out Reddit for more info about AI image generation and how to get the most out of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me the support community here isn't super AI friendly. I suggest you check out Reddit for more info about AI image generation and how to get the most out of it. 

By @Angela Micheli Otwell

No, not really. But that may be because this is about quality and not about jamming the system. I'm not against AI, but what I see here is not persuading. And I look at AI art the same way I would look at standard art and photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for mischaracterizing the community here. What I should have said is that I'm not going to discuss AI techniques in depth here, and to my knowledge, no one else is dicussing AI techniques much here, either, so I think Reddit is a better source of information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I should have said is that I'm not going to discuss AI techniques in depth here, and to my knowledge, no one else is dicussing AI techniques much here, either, so I think Reddit is a better source of information. 

That is correct. If you have any links, that could help the AI artists here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't really provide links to subreddits I'd recommend specifically. Stable Diffusion, Midjourney, DALL-E are major AIs, and there are subreddits for each (multiple subreddits, probably). I skim them, but I don't keep track of where I learned what, and I learn from a huge variety of sources and use tools from myriad sources.

AI is not yet a user-friendly experience for anyone, at least not at Adobe's quality standards. There's a lot of trial and error and experimentation involved. It's not that I'm unwilling to share, but it's changing so fast that anything I could say will be outdated before I finish saying it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upscaling is not allowed.

You nail it. Upscaling does not create new information, it enhances only the imperfections. In my professional career, I did a lot of upscaling, and mostly on bad quality photographs. You need to invest a lot of time to get a decent print quality. When customers buy an asset at a certain resolution, they expect that it is perfect at that resolution. That's it.

In fact, I've been a traditional media artist for decades, and I'm starting to think it's just easier to make traditional art than acceptable AI art. (I'm having a great time playing with this new technology, though.) 

I think that approach is missing with many AI art creators. They never did traditional art and think that they can ask the machine to do a perfect picture. It's a tool. It's new. It will evolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt its the cutout work though. I do that part manually, not a background remover, which I find dont do a great job. I might have been under the impression that Gigapixel AI improved quality, rather than just enlarging the photo...still not sure.

By @UltraMachineBlue

Abambo_1-1677651856679.png

1: is a cutout error. In a perfect cutout, you would only see a thin line around the object. 

2+the cloud: are errors by the generator, and they are getting worse by upscaling. Even on this small extract, I see multiple other errors.

A bow tie like this is best done in a 3D rendering program.

Your other bow tie is also having multiple AI errors and has a huge cutout problem:

Abambo_2-1677652064806.png

The red dots mean that there is some kind of transparency. In a perfect cutout, there would be only one (thicker) red line around your object. I wonder, however, about that regular pattern inside the object. You also have multiple errors generated by your AI. Again, a 3D rendering would be more appropriate for this object.

As an Engineer (in microelectronics) I can assure you that your “microchip” is nonsense, but for stock that is probably not a refusal reason. But the artistic quality is also awful. The cutout work is bad:

Abambo_3-1677652646416.png

The asset quality is also bad, as you see massively artefacts at 100%:

Abambo_4-1677652717613.png

Your Bowtie4 is a file naming error, but that is not a refusal reason. This bad artefacts are:

Abambo_5-1677652953762.png

Cutout work:

Abambo_6-1677653006845.png

I think you get it…

Just for the background: I did cutout work as part of my job for more than 30 years. If you worked for me, you would get a 2-hour training on cutout, before you would start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would assume that its about the unsharp Details in those pictures. De Chip does not have much Details and also the Bowtie have unsharp areas.

Before you submit, please review the submission guidelines carefully and compare your work with other Stock inventory. To be accepted, your work should be as good or better than what's already represented in your keyword category.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html  https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines