• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did minimum royalties earning change without us being told ?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm not sure I understand how the minimum amount of money we earn per download works. It might just be me misunderstanding something, or me experiencing a bug, or that a change has been made and not communicated to us.
So, what do I have to understand from this :

royalties3.png

 Does it means that once I got 1000 downloads my minimum earning per download will now be 0.36$ ? Because when I reached 1000 dl I noticed this change, my minimum earning went from 0.33$ to 0.36$. But since a few months, I'm starting to earn 0.35$, 0.34$, 0.33$ despite having over 2000 dl. I didn't really bother, but today I earn a 0.32$, which seems a little bit odd to me since the minimum garanteed have always been 0.33$ to my knowledge.

royalties2.png

 I've noticed the change around the beginning of the year, but cannot find anything about it, do you guys have any clues ?
Here are my last sold images with a 0.32$ : 

royalties.png

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

For stock customers who are on standard subscriptions, the minimum royalty applies. However, some customers have custom subscriptions, perhaps for much higher licensing levels, and those royalties can be lower.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For stock customers who are on standard subscriptions, the minimum royalty applies. However, some customers have custom subscriptions, perhaps for much higher licensing levels, and those royalties can be lower.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom is very special. Minimal royalties may be below the 33 cents. It is indeed not documented, but it looks like the royalty is a complex calculation of what the customer pays and how much they download.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I see. I checked and indeed all those lower amount of royalties seems to come from custom licenses. Still they could probably add something about it in the documentation because it's a little bit misleading but I'm glad it's not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me that the documentation is sometimes not updated when the situation changes. When the documentation was written, there was no Adobe express, and the "unlimited" plans did not exist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can it be because of the currency conversion. Like when buyer use debit card of his currency to pay on Adobe and while converting it may result in a bit difference?

It's my thought only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no currency conversion here. Adobe is working internally with a credit system. And a 10 assets per month subscription is costing everywhere the same (in credits). And that make $0.99/asset.

Abambo_0-1713994953226.png

They should, however, update this to reflect the reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines