• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback on Rejects

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Stock and learning. Here are a few images that have been rejected for "Image Quality".  I suspect the problem is that they are not quite crisp enough and or a bit to artsy.  Thanks for your help.  Pete

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pete

Yeah, they're not crisp enough, the thistle and bee shot has some signs of noise in the background and the bee and top of the thistle is not quite in focus. It looks like the focus is more on the bottom of the thistle rather than the top. May also be a depth of field problem. It seems you have also used a bit too much sharping in order to compensate for the slight out of focus areas.

The river shot is blurred. You may have camera shake here. The other shot is just a blur - albeit intentional, probably won't pass muster with Adobe - too artsy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ricky.  Thanks for the feedback.  It is helpful to narrow this down.  No if I coiuld only understand the neuances of interllectual property rejections.  For another time!  Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. The IP is a minefield!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Those a nice shots. The image quality rejection, of which I believe was catigorized as "Technical Issue" is as follows:

The flower with the bee has blue and purple color fringing. Also the image is excessively noisy - both luminance and chromatic noise (not technical issue but worth mentioning).

The river also has color noise issues. In addition the dark areas are too black, and the color areas are too saturated. In my opinion, you need more exposure for the river shot.

The abstract image has an area of high light intensity towards the left. The light seem to have blown out important details.

To view these issues, zoom to between 100 and 200% and inspect the entire image. For those with color abrasion and/or color noise issue you will notice the colors are not even but blotchy and/or dotted. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines