• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP could not connect to server

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen previous posts on this in forum and read the solutions, but none apply for me.

I attempt to connect using FileZilla, but it gives me error:

"Could not connect to server."

I'm not copying and pasting my user and pw - I'm carefully and manually typing them in each time.

(Note: in the past, I have successfully signed in numerous times and successfully uploaded clips.  But now it no longer works. So it used to connect, but now it does not).

I had a "Quickconnect" set up, where the host / user and pw was saved - and this quickconnect button worked in the past with the stored settings, but even that no longer works.  (This should remove any doubt that somehow I'm typing the user and pw incorrectly).

So did something change on Adobe Stock Server side?  

I repeat, it formerly worked and now it does not. I have been trying for weeks now - in case there was a temporary outage.  Still does not work.  Can anyone help?

thanks.

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

A few months ago, Adobe Stock started requiring the use of an SFTP connection. Did you configure it that way?

If not, click on the "Learn more" button on the contributors website for details.

MNiessenPhoto_0-1636713416284.png

Full explanation at https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/stock/contributor/help/uploading-content.html

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago, Adobe Stock started requiring the use of an SFTP connection. Did you configure it that way?

If not, click on the "Learn more" button on the contributors website for details.

MNiessenPhoto_0-1636713416284.png

Full explanation at https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/stock/contributor/help/uploading-content.html

Hope that helps,

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael.  I was using the SFTP connection, because somewhere I did read about that. But what I missed is that Adobe updated or changed my password as part of this switch. So I was using my old password. I followed the Learn More button and it generated a new password. That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know it now works 😉

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now today it stopped working! Using exact method and login that worked yesterday, today it doesn't work.  Are they updating password every day? Do I need to generate a new password for each new session?  (If so, this was missing from instructions).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" Are they updating password every day? "

No, it doesn't change. I've saved a connection in FileZilla and have used it to connect many times, for months. I've connected just now and it's all fine. Maybe a temporary connection issue...?

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines