How can I sell pictures in the Premium collection?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I understand that for a while Adobe has offered pictures in the Premium Collection, but there is currently no way to sell pictures there unless invited.

I am therefore unclear how to break into that area now that I have pictures of higher quality to sell.

I will not upload my best pictures to be sold as standard, why would I do that to earn 19 pence for a picture?

Thus Adobe will not be able to gauge my skills to invite me to sell under the Premium Collection, so I won't upload my best pictures.

How would you suggest I break out of this vicious circle?

Could Adobe allow people to submit a portfolio of pictures to gauge their suitability to Premium? In any case Adobe can still decide whether subsequent pictures make the grade or can only be sold as standard?

thank you

-Michele

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017
Hi David,Thanks for your interest. The Premium collection is highly curated and currently available through direct invitation only. We are not accepting applications at this time. If that changes in the future we will be sure to post an announcement here in the forum and in the Adobe Stock blog linked here: Adobe Stock Contributors | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele,

The Premium collection is highly curated and as you mentioned is only available to contribute through direct invitation only at this time. If we open it up to more submissions or applications we will be sure to post an announcement here in the forum and in the contributor blog: Adobe Stock Contributors | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Hayward,

I have several images accepted to my Adobe Stock Portfolio.  I believe these images are Premium quality.  The images in question were shot in locations that were setup and styled to be the best images possible. All were shot medium format on transparency film.   I have always sold Rights Managed stock photography. It makes me sad an mad that i thought all adobe stock is Premium.  I think selling this top notch images for pennies a crime. How can I make all of my submissions to Adobe Premium only.   Thank you in advance for your kind considerations of my concerns.

Sincerely,

David A. Dobbs

[moderator deleted e-mail]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest. The Premium collection is highly curated and currently available through direct invitation only. We are not accepting applications at this time. If that changes in the future we will be sure to post an announcement here in the forum and in the Adobe Stock blog linked here: Adobe Stock Contributors | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very unfortunate response, and HIGHLY OFFENSIVE to all the incredible photographers out there spending mortgage money on their equptment. Shame on you ADOBE. Companies that do things like this will eventually meet their demise. Creative SACRILIDGE!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is Mat's statement offensive? Perhaps spending mortgage money on equipment with the intent of making it back on stock photography sales is not a sound financial strategy. There are many thousands of photographers contributing to Adobe Stock. When you sign up you know what you'll be earning.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want more royalties, you could try creating your own website, upload your photos, and sell them. You would have to advertise on Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc, but you could make 100% of your royalties while at the same time offering packages of your images, etc. As a beginner or a person who does not want to promote themselves, you could just upload your best images to Adobe Stock, and wait until you are invited to Premium.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines