• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How should I fix to resubmit

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took this photo with my DJI mini 2 and thought it came out nice so I decided to post it. I was extremely surprised when I saw that it had been rejected for "Technical Issues". As a person who is just starting to use this platform, I cannot see what the issue is. So, can you guys let me know what the specific reason of rejection was and how to fix before resubmitting? DJI_0101.JPG

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that strikes me is the noise in the sky. You should fix that. Also, there appears to be some dirt from the lens in the upper center of the sky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Will fix what you said, but what was the reason of the technical issue then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Will fix what you said, but what was the reason of the technical issue then?

By @Brownie24120889jlyb

@Marianne-Deiters named "technical issues".

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's somewhat underexposed, displays some vignetting and is quite noisy in the sky, particularly along the horizon.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. I have a similar photo to this one that is a bit brighter. Although I am worried to post this one as it is very similar to the original just brighter. However, since my original one got rejected for technical issues would it be fine to post this one? DJI_0102.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the original has been rejected, you may try submitting this one. However, this one would also get a refusal, because of the high noise level:

Abambo_0-1650466304582.png

This image is slightly overexposed, as you see on the histogram, with the blacks missing.

Abambo_1-1650466497514.png

You original image is better suited, looking at the histogram, which is quite good and need just a small push in the shadows area to the right and a small push the blacks to the left.

Abambo_3-1650466656088.png

Small adjustment and the histogram looks nearly perfect:

Abambo_4-1650466808835.png

Be careful with noise reduction, you will need to reduce noise and to preserve detail and contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Just wondering is it still worth fixing it up and posting due to the fact that it may result in compression artifacts as @ricky336 has stated. Thanks again for the detailed explanation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that you can push this image to a level that is acceptable to Adobe stock. It would be difficult. I would look if there is an option to shoot raw. That gives you more leverage in recovering technical issues. You may, however, try to correct and resubmit. On ea personal note, It wouldn't meet my quality needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind there are a gazillion sunset photos on Stock - so from the aesthetics side, it lacks the WOW factor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just submitting another one with the same technical issues will not result in an acceptance. You can edit the one you submitted to try and remove the technical issues we've noted.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problems that have been pointred out can all be corrected but there is one problem that ruins your chances of saving thge photo. View your photo at +200%. Notice the fuzziness of the water near the horizon? Here the compression has killed all detail in the waves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It's taken with a Drone camera right? So this will result in compression artifacts - which is a technical issue!

These kinds of shots look fine on a small screen, but when enlarged to 100% or more - a big screen rather than a smartphone screen - defects begin to show as in this case artifacts. Smartphones and drone cameras have small sensors, so quality isn't so good when they are increased in size.

So, the main issue here I think is overall quality.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. This has helped a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines