• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a doubt!

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created transparent images. I have followed all of Adobe's instructions, but I have a doubt that my images placed for sale are not transparent. Is it possible to verify that the images inserted in my account are really transparent when they are purchased by users?

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Adobe only offer/allows  JPEG images which do not /can not support transparent backgrounds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

1. Transparency is not possible with JPEG.

2. Photographs can only be used in JPEG.

3. AI supports transparency.

4. AI is accepted only for vector work.

5. Adobe's rules forbid using photos in vector work (it must be all vector).

So this is not a solution. Breaking Adobe's rules may get you blocked without payment or redress.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only offer/allows  JPEG images which do not /can not support transparent backgrounds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange answer! on adobe contributions there are thousands of transparent images! While waiting for the answer, I found someone who explained me how to do it, and now I have transparent images in my sales profile. There is a guide to follow to create transparent "AI" images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer. Any JPEG image claiming transparency will be removed if the image gets a complaint. If the account has overwhelmingly such images, the account can be blocked. I suggest you remove images that claim transparent background.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Transparency is not possible with JPEG.

2. Photographs can only be used in JPEG.

3. AI supports transparency.

4. AI is accepted only for vector work.

5. Adobe's rules forbid using photos in vector work (it must be all vector).

So this is not a solution. Breaking Adobe's rules may get you blocked without payment or redress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the explanation. Did they give me incorrect information? So in the "AI" files they can insert images with transparent background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As everyone else explained: JPEG files do not have transparency.

As it is true, that you can create AI files containing images and that those images stay transparent when saved, it is as @Test Screen Name told you, against the rules, to post Illustrator files with images embedded.

See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, thanks for the answer. I'm not talking about JPG images, I'm talking about PNG-type images and drawings, where you can apply any type of background being the images created with a transparent background. What can I do to sell images with a transparent background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not sell images with a transparent background using Adobe Stock. We do understand that what you have is real and you may want to sell it, but you can't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing! PNG images are not offered on Adobe stock. So, you uploaded JPEG images and those cannot represent transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uploaded them as "ai" and from another account I downloaded one. The images are transparent and maintain all the transparency of the background, but obviously they are not vector. So to avoid problems I deleted them and created the same vector image. A shame because I have to do a double job. I had the images ready! patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines