• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If someone downloads +50% of your content!

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Everyone feels happy as a contributor when he/she check thier statistics and find a great downloads hits in a short time, then suddenly you begin to wonder why and what's the purpose behind it, a re-selling! for example. So do Adobe proivde protection to our content if that happened? considering that the content is uploaded only at Stock Adobe.

Thanks

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

If you have any doubt about the activity, you can contact Contributor support: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/Need-Help-Contact-Us.html

Irregularily high downloads is normally a sign of fraud, but such fraud can only happen with your help. So I suppose that is not the case.

Adobe does not provide protection against resale, but according to the licensing terms, that is forbidden. I do not think that stealing from Adobe stock to resell is a lucrative market. As soon as you got

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any doubt about the activity, you can contact Contributor support: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/Need-Help-Contact-Us.html

Irregularily high downloads is normally a sign of fraud, but such fraud can only happen with your help. So I suppose that is not the case.

Adobe does not provide protection against resale, but according to the licensing terms, that is forbidden. I do not think that stealing from Adobe stock to resell is a lucrative market. As soon as you got caught, your account gets shut down on any decent platform. 

Adobe does not offer exclusive contributor contracts, so if you are exclusivly on Adobe stock, that is your decision.

From time to time, I google my images to see, where the are getting used. And I have no doubt that the use is correctly licensed.

BTW: Adobe offers API access to certain shops, so that they can use the stock database for print on demand wall papers or similar. When a buyer selects your asset, you get accounted one sale. So that is good for you, for Adobe and the shop.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the great answer, i sent a note to Adobe, maybe there are more explanations for this as its still increasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be worth thinking: might any of my friends or family try to support or encourage me by buying my art? If so, you need to stop them; this can lead to your account being blocked and all money lost. I think the advice to contact Adobe is good, they are monitoring for unusual patterns of activity (we are not told the details).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my friends or family knows about it! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was downloaded, then it was sold. Wasn't it? If I purchase an image and download it, why would I want to download it again? I already have a copy of the file.

O=r am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are different vector designs, and now my account has a validation status issue, because i tried to be loyal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RALPH_L wrote:

If it was downloaded, then it was sold. Wasn't it? If I purchase an image and download it, why would I want to download it again? I already have a copy of the file.

You can licence again. There are legal reasons for doing that. You don't see downloads, you see sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something unique about the images that have been downloaded? Do they all represent a similar theme? It is unlikely that someone would subscribe to Adobe Stock to download large numbers of images for resale. The least expensive plan per image requires a $2,400 annual commitment, so the Buyer would have to be certain that they already have a ready market for those images! Perhaps a Buyer is canceling their subscription and wanted to use up all their unused credits before closing their account...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess they are somehow a unique calligraphy work, hope the last lines is the reason because now my account has a validation status issue, because i tried to be loyal! and sent them a note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "I tried to be loyal"?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant i saw a huge downloads in a short time, and wanted to ask the support about it if its normal for me and them and why would someone do this (worried alsot about re-sell) and as @Abambo recommended but now i regret it! @Abambo  : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you speak to someone at Adobe?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe monitors suspicious sales.Accounts with suspicious sales get suspended, untile Adoboe figures out what's happening. You message did not trigger something. In the contrary, it's your best argument to ask satisfaction for your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes @Jill_C 
Okay then @Abambo hope it will not take a long time as the sales stopped & portfoilo is hidden, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abambo
So it's been almost a month, last message i sent was about if i can provide anything to help, i also explained that i have almost an exlusive content, and some customers may need a batch not a single (like an alphabet cards, some may want 1 letter, some want the whole sequence), now i wonder how they will figure out what happened, let's say i attempted to increase ranking & sharing the profits, and they heared from me, heared from the purchaser, both lying or both honest, one lying, etc. they can't prove it!, even if they're given access to emails, social media accounts, etc. because simply anyone can delete a conversation or an email (unless they contact each company to retrieve whats deleted!), do you advice to contact them again to check, or wait, or just forget about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't say what will happen now. I do not know when and what Adobe decides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines