• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image upload rejected - technical issue.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My upload was rejected. Could anyone please help me out why it was done?

Also if the reviewers had rejected it why not specify a one line reason for rejection instead of pointing to documentation and making the uploader guess.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

The photo is underexposed, out of focus, has white balance issues, is noisy, not level, poorly cropped, and may be an IP violation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo is underexposed, out of focus, has white balance issues, is noisy, not level, poorly cropped, and may be an IP violation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ralph,

Thanks for your response.

My responses -

The photo is underexposed - photo is clicked in a dark setting inside Sarnath temple.

out of focus - Lamp is in focus

has white balance issues - it is the way the surroundinfs were

is noisy - focussed lamp is not

poorly cropped - focus was lamp

may be an IP violation - from a temple and so not IP violation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no good arguing with us (though it might be fun it will do nothing to help your future submissions). The people answering here don't work for Adobe, but they are trying to use their experience - including experience of rejections - of what Adobe are looking for. Adobe are looking for world class commercial art. If the lighting was poor you have to correct that to what the buyer expects is a perfect image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Test Screen Name.

I do agree to that and my intent is not to argue. I will definitely like to know what the reviewers had in mind when they rejected it.

What Ralph shared is from his experience and enounters but Adobe reviewers just by publishing a doc and without specifying a reason are not helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @dhakreyspeaks,

Getting the reviews explanation is not a practical option, due to constraint time. Also reviewers do not monitor the forums. I also believe there are ethical reasons for reviewers not to interact with contributors. 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding IP violations, just because the objects are from a temple, does not necessarily mean a property release is not required.  It would be worthwhile reviewing the Legal Guidelines:

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dhakreyspeaks Adobe works under the assumption that you are a skilled photographer and by giving you a high level reason for rejection, you would be able to review your photo and see what the issues are.  If you aren't able to figure them out on your own, this forum is here of other contributors who can offer up their experience like @Test Screen Name said.

@RALPH_L gave you the reasons he saw for the rejection.  Review your photo at 100% magnification and you can quite clearly see Ralph was giving you sound information.

IMG_6894a.jpg

To give you a frame of reference regarding rejection reasons, the reviewers have hundreds of photos to review regularly.  They are very skilled at spotting issues with the photos (Technical Issues, IP Violations, Missing Model release, etc.)  Once they come across the first issue (there may only be one issue or there may be many), they will reject the photo and click on one of those reasons. Being able to select a reason off a list, rather than having to type up what they specifically saw speeds up the review process, which is better for contributors and Adobe.  Also, reviewers are from around the world speaking multiple languages.  Having a list that has been already translated into all of those languages makes it easier for contributors to understand why their photos were rejected rather than unclear answers due to language barriers and poor translations.

I hope this clears  up a few things for you.

\

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also agree that @RALPH_L gave sound advice as to why this photo was rejected on technical reasons.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dhakreyspeaks ,

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1645757317138.png

The photo is noisy - both luminance and chromatic noise. Also too much is out of focus. In the future you fill the frame more with what you want to be in focus. For example this screenprint crop. Otherwise, add enough depth of field to get everything in focus. Only one of the lamps is in focus. the other is not sharp. Adobe reject artwork for IP requirements. It's luck if any slips through. Besides, it's an indoor setting. My guess is that even if everything else was ok. You'd get a rejection for the image. 

Even though you take the shot in low lighting, it is expected that your exposure is correct. Correct exposure also helps to get your image in focus, and for white balance. The camera struggles to take sharp images with poor exposure. Therefore, you need to pay attention to the indicators of your camera and apply settings accordingly to get adequate exposure for your images.

In addition you need to zoom in on your photos at between 100 and 200% to inspect for issues. If you look at the screenprint you will notice the noise/grain and that the colors are not smooth. Also you'd notice the soft edge of the lamp and blur of the rest of the image.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines