Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Uploading Adobe Illustrator Files: Preview Thumbnails Missing

Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been uploading my files as AI files for about a year now, but recently I've encountered a problem. Some files have preview thumbnails while others don't. When the Adobe team reviewed my files, only the ones with preview thumbnails were accepted. The others are still in the "in review" section with no preview thumbnails for about two months now. I've tried uploading them multiple times, but I'm still facing the same issue.

max2012181555_0-1683150776002.png

Can you Please Help Me

(moderator edited the subject for clarity. Changed AI against Adobe Illustrator)

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Thank you very much. I always use this option, but it didn't work for me.

Finally, I was able to upload the file successfully after deleting the shadows that were created using a gradient from black to transparent black.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. You were ahead of the time. Because the message that Adobe accepts AI images dates from December 6, 2022. 

I think your preview problem is browser related or has to do something with an add blocker or similar. Did you check on a different computer or network or your mobile phone/tablet?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Just to clarify, when I say "AI" files, I mean Adobe Illustrator files, not Artificial Intelligence."

I have tried several solutions, but none of them have worked:

• Using different browsers
  • Connecting to different networks
  • Using different Adobe Illustrator files
  • Trying with Internet Explorer without any adblockers or plugins
  • Logging into my account from another computer at work and trying to upload with the same issue
  • Trying to upload using FileZilla

All of my designs are original and not AI-generated files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Just to clarify, when I say "AI" files, I mean Adobe Illustrator files, not Artificial Intelligence."

By @max2012181555

If you do not want to be misunderstood, use at least the "Icon" convention: Ai. Illustrator or Adobe Illustrator is preferred in the times of artificial intelligence. 😬

Did you try the old school way: a ZIP file with a JPEG embedded. I know, that Adobe does disregard those JPEG files now, and creates their own previews, but the front end still works with those, if I'm correct. And IMHO, it is a front end problem, if it's not a browser problem.

I would contact contributor support with this. https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/Need-Help-Contact-Us.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have already contacted Adobe support twice but have not received a response.

I have started to upload my files in *.eps format and it works, but as you know, there are some limitations on file size and effects, which makes me prefer not to use this solution. However, if Adobe does not accept Illustrator *.ai files, then I am fine with using eps.

Once again, thank you so much for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe accepts Illustrator files. And yes, EPS files are limited.

@MatHayward  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock accepts Ai, EPS, and SVG vector files. What is the file number for the image that is giving you trouble?

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted all of the files and sent them as EPS instead. However, I would like to know where the problem was, so I am uploading one of the files that had an error. Once the issue appears, I will send you the file number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is the recently uploaded file id:599349377

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem - some .ai files showed up fine when I tried to upload them, and some showed blank previews. The problem was solved by adding a checkmark "Create PDF Compatible File" when saving the file, see screenshots.

Adobe Stock.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I always use this option, but it didn't work for me.

Finally, I was able to upload the file successfully after deleting the shadows that were created using a gradient from black to transparent black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting. Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines