• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

massive rejection of submissions (quality issues)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had 61 grunge textures not accepted in my last submission. They are accepted on other stock sites with no issues so I know it's not a quality problem. Is it just because they don't want grunge textures anymore on adobe?

[moderator added rejection reason to the subject]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Hello,

I am curious about your screenshot. Is this recent, because the screenshot says submitted 16 years ago.

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 3.28.51.png

I'm afraid it's a bit difficult to give any constructive advice from a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

I checked your account and see that the most recent rejection was on an image uploaded in 2007. 

The more recent files you uploaded have been approved.

-Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because they were accepted elsewhere does not mean they are of good quality. Standards and reviewers vary. Unfortunately you did not submit the original file or give the rejection reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the rejection reason was in the image I attached. I have had other grunge textures approved by adobe with all the same settings as the ones rejected. I have been submitting to stock sites for almost 20 years so I know what is required that's why I am wondering why these are rejected when I have used the exact same process for the approved images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, seit 20 Jahren reichen sie wohl solch ähnliche Fotos/Hintergründe ein! und wundern sich das es mal genug ist? Die Einsicht hätte eher kommen können, braucht man solche Files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I know it's not a quality problem". No you don't. What reason did Adobe give for these 61 rejections? Please give us that and share just 1-2 original images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be a bit less rude when responding to posts or don't bother replying. People aren't here to get attitude from other members.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps not. Very well, I shall try to use my psychic powers to imagine what the issue might be with images you refuse to share, that I might give an answer which reinforces the view that Adobe have made a mistake. Better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude please go away and don't respond to my post any longer. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be a bit less rude when responding to posts or don't bother replying. People aren't here to get attitude from other members.

By @freelancer2023

The rejection reason was quality issues, and you learn that only, when you look into the attached image. You could also have inserted the image in the message (copy past of your screenshot!) and most of this discussion would not happen. You could also have inserted the reason in the text. If @Test Screen Name missed opening your attached picture, they would not know the rejection reason.

@Test Screen Name is a long-time user of these fora and provides a lot of useful advice.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have checked. Adobe TOLD you it was a quality problem. So it is best to accept that it doesn't meet ADOBE'S quality standards and focus on why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are accepted on other stock sites with no issues so I know it's not a quality problem.

By @freelancer2023

Other sites, other rules. If they got rejected for quality problems, you probably have quality problems. It may be, in rare circumstances, that a moderator choses the incorrect reason.

If Adobe rejected because they would think that your textures have no commercial standing, you would get a different refusal reason. Post ONE texture here and we will have a look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am curious about your screenshot. Is this recent, because the screenshot says submitted 16 years ago.

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 3.28.51.png

I'm afraid it's a bit difficult to give any constructive advice from a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

By @ricky336

Great that there is at least one looking in depth into the refusal posted. I simply assumed that it was a recent refusal... 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023, grunge is out.

What's In:

1. Flat Retro Designs (flower-power, 60's pop, nostalgiac...)
  2. 3D Elements.
  3. Surreal Concepts (Dali, man meets machine, UFOs, AI Diffusion),
  4. Dark mode (UI/UX).
  5. Experimental color pallets, pairing unlikely colors like pastels with metallics/bright neons.
  6. Distorted typography, twisted word shapes & exaggerated fonts.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked your account and see that the most recent rejection was on an image uploaded in 2007. 

The more recent files you uploaded have been approved.

-Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @freelancer2023 

1) To receive help here you need to upload 1 to 3 copies of the files that were rejected in the same resolution you upload to Adobe. That's how it works here. We need to inspect the file as the moderators did.

2) The highlighted image of the page you post here says that the image was rejected for unacceptable quality. Therefore you cannot say there was not a quality issue.

3) You cannot make comparison one platform with another. I've seen images with flaws submitted to multiple platforms being rejected by one for genuine focus issue and even got multiple sales on the other platforms. That doesn't mean that the unique platform must drop it's standard to suit the contributor or the other platforms. If Adobe does not want your file you get a "No Commercial Appeal" rejection. If the moderator says there's a quality issue, there is a quality issue.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines