• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Massive slump in sales since the acquisition of Adobe Stock Why?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Stock Team,

I hope I'm in the right place to tell my story.

I have been a member of Fotolia (Adobe Stock) since 2013 and have achieved the Smaragd ranking so far. My portfolio is about 20000 pictures. And I live off stock photography! After the shutdown of Fotolia in November 2019

my sales figures and turnovers have fallen massively and I have been able to increase my sales

had to change my sales status to non-exclusive at the beginning of the year because my existence is threatened. How could that be that my sales are down 80%? ;( If Adobe Stock continues like this, I will soon be able to register as unemployed. Please help us because we are the photographers who made Adobe Stock what it is now!

Yours sincerely

Ck

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animaflora  wrote

After the shutdown of Fotolia in November 2019

my sales figures and turnovers have fallen massively and I have been able to increase my sales

had to change my sales status to non-exclusive

Adobe stock does not offer the exclusive status as with Fotolia, so that's anyhow not anymore possible. As for the fluctuations I do not have the slightest idea, except that fluctuations are normal. However a drop of 80% could mean a problem with keywords. Or the pictures are simply not what the customers are looking for...currently.

You may contact Adobe directly via https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/uk/contact if you think there is something wrong with your account.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has also talked with other people in the branch. For many years June, 2019 is a complete complete failure!

Has earned with less pictures to Fotolia times even more than now! This goes not only for me in such away.

Since Adobe Fotolia has taken over and the subscription hasintroduced system. If the turnovers decrease. Because I of Stockphotograpie Living and this my job is.

If I am afraid like it goes on, because the turnovers have liked according to statistics very strongly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post your pictures also with other stock sites. I've seen that pictures selling on one site do not sell well on an other and vice versa. So people are looking for different pictures or they are finding pictures differently on each site.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fluctuations do seem to be the norm. It's just the way it is. My sales have decreased compared to last year. Bear in mind that photos are being added every day - so there are more photos than demand - probably - and that Adobe Stock is just one of many - so competition is now a lot bigger, and this will probably continue.

Also, bear in mind that this is a user to user forum, so you are only going to get opinions from users like ourselves.

The Adobe Stock team don't reply to this forum, so you have to contact Adobe directly as pointed out above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines