Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most of my photos are rejected

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear sirs and madams,

Most of my photos are rejected but I do not understand deeply why. Please help me understand so that I can improve my photography as I am a new one. Almost the reasons are Technical relations. I attached here some photos, not the exactly the same to the photos which were rejected as I have erosen them. The ones I attached here are the same raw photos but I saved with high quality in Format change from raw file (CR2-CANON)

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

In the future, if you want feedback on why a specific image was rejected, be sure to upload that exact image for the Community to review. It sounds like what you're saying above is that you actually edited these images differently than those that were submitted and rejected. Nevertheless, these would have been rejected also. The first image suffers from soft focus and lack of contrast. The black point also needs to be set appropriately - the image looks washed out. The second image also has soft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Both photos have a focus issue and need to be sharpened. Use a smaller aperture to increase the depth of field.

The first photo does not have a focal point. Where should the viewer look? The leaf or the drops of water? Niether are in focus and the leaf is cropped at the top of the photo. The second photo the sky is overexposed and all details are lost. Here you have to either: expose for the sky and lighten the rest, or crop out the sky (see photo below), or fill in the sky. 

Here is an example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Your pictures need to be in focus and correctly framed (arrow: the leave should not touch the picture border). Please note that you always can crop slightly, but rarely you can add missing parts. A picture that is out of focus is impossible to be corrected. As for the rest you can add some tweaks to get a better overall look:

Abambo_0-1622670475674.png

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @vietnameselovelylife,

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in their own projects. Ask yourself if customers will buy this instead of what is already represented in Stock.

See links below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Thank you for sharing your photos with us for feedback. Once you improve the technical aspects of your photography, start thinking about what your stock image is representing. What is it trying to say or convey? Remember the old saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” These two images are of subjects that are commonly found—it seems you happened upon them on a walk or something. That’s fine, but don’t just snap the photo. Find a way to present the star of your photo in lighting and settin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

@vietnameselovelylife Wow! This has to be the nicest thank you note I’ve ever received. Now it’s my turn to thank you for telling me about your work as a teacher and your travel experience through your country. I’m so glad I could be of help and I have a feeling your photography is going to surpass even your best expectations one day. Kind regards, Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, if you want feedback on why a specific image was rejected, be sure to upload that exact image for the Community to review. It sounds like what you're saying above is that you actually edited these images differently than those that were submitted and rejected. Nevertheless, these would have been rejected also. The first image suffers from soft focus and lack of contrast. The black point also needs to be set appropriately - the image looks washed out. The second image also has soft focus; all of the petals of the flower/fruit must be in focus. The composition could also be improved to bring more attention to the pink fruit and less on the background. For instance, crop it tighter to eliminate the gray, washed out sky. Good luck !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your great and professional advice and comments. These are the first ideas I have learned about photography and I have learned from you. I really appreciate your guide and advice and apply your advice into my photos. Again, I wish to say thank you so much and sincerely. Also in the future, I will be sure to upload the original photos, exactly the photos which I wish to ask for help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both photos have a focus issue and need to be sharpened. Use a smaller aperture to increase the depth of field.

The first photo does not have a focal point. Where should the viewer look? The leaf or the drops of water? Niether are in focus and the leaf is cropped at the top of the photo. The second photo the sky is overexposed and all details are lost. Here you have to either: expose for the sky and lighten the rest, or crop out the sky (see photo below), or fill in the sky. 

Here is an example of your photo edited in LR.

1 (3)-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ralph Lear,

Your advice is so great for me. I understand now. Your words are so wonderful and helpful for me. Now I begin to learn more about photography. Thank you so much again. I can have some knowledge about focus, sharp and focal points. 

I wish to say thank you so much again and I apply your advice right away into my photography.

Best wishes,

Nguyen The Vu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your pictures need to be in focus and correctly framed (arrow: the leave should not touch the picture border). Please note that you always can crop slightly, but rarely you can add missing parts. A picture that is out of focus is impossible to be corrected. As for the rest you can add some tweaks to get a better overall look:

Abambo_0-1622670475674.png

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vietnameselovelylife,

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in their own projects. Ask yourself if customers will buy this instead of what is already represented in Stock.

See links below.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nancy,

I wish to say thank you so much for your helpful advice. I will take your advice into my experience and apply for new photos so that I can improve my photos.

Best wishes,

Nguyen The Vu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your photos with us for feedback. Once you improve the technical aspects of your photography, start thinking about what your stock image is representing. What is it trying to say or convey? Remember the old saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” These two images are of subjects that are commonly found—it seems you happened upon them on a walk or something. That’s fine, but don’t just snap the photo. Find a way to present the star of your photo in lighting and settings that does them honor and distinguishes them. Spend as much spare time as possible studying photographs by professionals of all types but also find a subject matter that interests you and then look at images of the same subjects for ideas and inspiration as you learn the craft. For example, if botany is of interest to you, search for photographers who specialize in flowers and plants and study their methods or take a class with them. Find a mentor who will guide you if possible. Join a photo club or camera walk for instant feedback and tips. Most of all, try to have a purpose when you take every photograph and spend time to perfect the scene through lighting, framing, lens choices, filters, and RAW processing. Keep shooting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jain, 

I wish to say thank you so much for your great and precious guide and advice. I will apply your wonderful and mindful advice and teachings into my photos from now going on. Actually I am very new to photography. I have been working as a professional Vietnamese language instructor for many years and I travel through Vietnam to teach students about culture, history and language. Now I wish to take photos on the way travelling through Vietnam. That is why I am here.

Thank you so much again for your great advice. I will remember every word you said.

Best wishes,

Nguyen The Vu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vietnameselovelylife Wow! This has to be the nicest thank you note I’ve ever received. Now it’s my turn to thank you for telling me about your work as a teacher and your travel experience through your country. I’m so glad I could be of help and I have a feeling your photography is going to surpass even your best expectations one day. Kind regards, Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Jain,

I am so happy too. I really love photography but this is the first time I think about getting inside photography seriously. I am so happy to have your advice just as other great people's advice here. Especially when I am first time here. Your kindness and other great people's advice here give me much lessons and inspiration to keep going on.

Best wishes,

Nguyen The Vu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines