• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My first submission was rejected -- any insight or constructive criticism? Thanks

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunset-and-Ice.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sarah27761703s0l4 ,

Your photo is noisy and out of focus. The multicolor you see in this zoomed clip is chromatic noise.

jacquelingphoto2017_8-1672540622467.png

After reading all the information on the Adobe Stock Contributor Support page you can get further benefit from how to make better photo for Adobe stock and other tips showing you what to look for and how to check for and avoid some errors.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from the technical issues, I like it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from the technical issues, I like it

By @Phillip273825145ug4

That's not enough for a commercial picture. On social media, it would get plenty of likes. But we are here in a setting, where people are spending a lot of money to get correct and commercially usable images.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blurry foreground elements are very distracting. I can't even tell what is being depicted here.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your picture is overexposed, Part of the picture is simply blown out, with no detail left. The horizon is leaning. I won't say more, as you have not posted the full-size picture and other defects get eased out when downsizing. You should always post the full-sized image as submitted to stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should have added in the post that this was all done on purpose. It isn't accidentally out of focus, it is zeroed in on the ice and the pine tree with the sunset over the bridge in the background being very out of focus. Also, the original file wouldn't upload because it was too big, so in order to get this post submitted I had to decrease the file size. 

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an example of art. It may work as art but it isn't what Adobe accept. Too many of Adobe's customers expect and demand a clear focus, and complain and get a refund if not there. Adobe's reputation suffers, so they don't accept it. Look for other outlets for art that requires any suspension of normal precision and standards.

Tip: for comments it's vital to upload the ORIGINAL file, one way or another. Not a reduced file. This is because Adobe's moderators look at that original at 100%-200% (as you presumably do) to look for sharpness, artefacts and other faults. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, keep the size (in pixels as submitted), export as JPEG. The file size can't be too big. If the file does not upload because it is too big, limit the size to 5Mb, and you are good.

• Adobe stock does not accept pictures that are over exposed, yours is overexposed.
  • Adobe stock want's pictures that are well focussed
  • Adobe stock wants pictures that buyers can use as is or modify as wanted.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ice though itself is somewhat out of focus! The background being out of focus is just too distracting, and too bright making the image overexposed. And there is the white balance issue. Perhaps you wanted this colour effect, but it actually doesn't suit the picture. I also think you could improve the composition. You don't have any middle ground; just the foreground and background. For a stock image, I'm pretty sure it will never sell!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Sarah27761703s0l4 ,

The entire frame is out of focus and noisy. I suggest you read all the links I post so that you can get a thorough idea of what is required. You must intently shoot sharp photographs with correct lighting and exposure and use post processing to correct camera errors.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In addition to what was said and Before you submit, please review the submission guidelines carefully and compare your work with other Stock inventory. To be accepted, your work should be as good or better than what's already represented in your keyword category.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from the focus problems, the white balance needs to be neutralized.  White must be white, not pink or blue.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

Since you're new to Stock, carefully read the Stock Contributor User Guide.  And compare your work with other Stock inventory in your keyword category.  This may help you understand what Adobe Stock customers expect for use in commercial projects.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines