• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New at this

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one was rejected for artifacts problem, the second for technical issues.

We are new at this and was wondering if someone could elaborate on this.

If anything, i figured they would be rejected for small size.

Thanks

jordan1.jpegIMG_1269 (1).JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Let‘s do the second one first: The picture is missing contrast. Adobe does not really like such pictures...

The first one is clearly having problems in the highlights that are completly blown out at regions where they shouldn‘t:

E8444E07-39FF-4ECA-8A95-BA0A04B4A430.jpeg

As for the size: images should have at least 4 Mpixels. That is a very low requirements as modern cameras have between 16 and 60M pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Your second picture is missing contrast as mentioned, also white balance could be adjusted a bit, and composition could be improved.

But you also have a problem with lens flare, and at times lens flare can be used in a good way - here it doesn't work, so that can also be a reason for the 'Technical Issues' rejection.

lens flareIMG_1269+(1).jpg

Your spiderweb photo also has problems as already mentioned - your highlights are blown out - too bright. (Blown out meaning there is no detail that can be recovered.) Maybe the revi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Just to add - from your EXIF data, you took these on an iPhone 6 plus - so I guess they were saved as JPEG files. Bearing this in mind, it will be difficult to do alter the exposure and do some other post editing work. The best option would be to take in DNG, which I think you can do if you use Lightroom Mobile Camera app from Adobe. However, to get this you have to subscribe to the Creative Cloud app. If you can shoot in raw format, it gives you a lot more options to do post-production work. If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let‘s do the second one first: The picture is missing contrast. Adobe does not really like such pictures...

The first one is clearly having problems in the highlights that are completly blown out at regions where they shouldn‘t:

E8444E07-39FF-4ECA-8A95-BA0A04B4A430.jpeg

As for the size: images should have at least 4 Mpixels. That is a very low requirements as modern cameras have between 16 and 60M pixels.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let‘s face it ... the first image, who would buy it ..? It’s a mess. The second one could be ok if you worked with it. Terrible lighting - the leaves in the sides are too dark. Light them up and make them green. And remove the ugly reflections in the lower leaves. Flowers and other plants are a very saturated market with lots of competition from great photograpers. But then again - you never know ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oleschwander  wrote

Let‘s face it ... the first image, who would buy it ..?

That‘s a different reason for rejecting pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your second picture is missing contrast as mentioned, also white balance could be adjusted a bit, and composition could be improved.

But you also have a problem with lens flare, and at times lens flare can be used in a good way - here it doesn't work, so that can also be a reason for the 'Technical Issues' rejection.

lens flareIMG_1269+(1).jpg

Your spiderweb photo also has problems as already mentioned - your highlights are blown out - too bright. (Blown out meaning there is no detail that can be recovered.) Maybe the reviewer also saw the reflected parts of the web as artifacts which can be seen at 100% hence the 'artifacts' reason.

artifacts.PNG

Read this:

Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

a little note about lens flare:

El destello de la lente o "lens flare"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see some chromatic aberration, which I believe also falls under the "artifacts" rejection reason.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chromatic Aberration come under the 'Technical Issues'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robert

Looking on both your images I conclude you did absolutely no postprocessing at all. Additionally there seem to be some exposure issues in both images. The second is over expose, the first seem to be underexposed. Lets look at the reason sited for rejection:

Artifacts

Artifacts includes noise, gains, color fringing, and other artificial coloration that is many times present in the body of the image. Grains are dark spot that are usually more visible in the dark and shady areas of the image, and is more visible at smooth areas magnified at 100 to 200%. Grains are also visible in smooth areas. As you view these areas you'll notice if there's a light spectrum of colors that should not be there. For example shadow having colors of purple, blue, pink etc. and not solid black. Color fringes are usually at the edges, most of the times purple. To correct these you need to, with an editing software, apply small amount of postprocessing. Be careful not to make it obvious.

Knowing your camera is also important. You need to read the manual about your camera so that you can use correctly the different features base on the environmental condition or subject. For example low light might require a little exposure compensation, or to ensure reduced grains/noise you might need to ensure your ISO is set low, and so on. It is best to avoid the use of flash.

The second image rejected for technical error: As was highlighted by ricky, there is the presence of the flare. That is a technical problem. Your composition is also another. Your image is taken too close. The third I see is what is highlighted by ricky and abambo, contrast is missing, also it is overexposed. The image itself is lacking vibrancy and is pale in appearance. It is better to include a little of the surrounding along with your subject so that customers are able to crop, or add captions.

Here are some links you can benefit from:

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle  Read up on all the links especially the "Stock Contributor User Guide"

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle Click/tap on each of the links to the left menu; read up on all the relevant topics, and reference links.

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

And watch this video by Matt. From Shoot to Sale: Part 1 | Adobe Blog

I hope you found this helpful

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add - from your EXIF data, you took these on an iPhone 6 plus - so I guess they were saved as JPEG files. Bearing this in mind, it will be difficult to do alter the exposure and do some other post editing work. The best option would be to take in DNG, which I think you can do if you use Lightroom Mobile Camera app from Adobe. However, to get this you have to subscribe to the Creative Cloud app. If you can shoot in raw format, it gives you a lot more options to do post-production work. If you are not familiar with raw and DNG etc,  there's a lot of information on the internet about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricky336  wrote

Just to add - from your EXIF data, you took these on an iPhone 6 plus - so I guess they were saved as JPEG files. Bearing this in mind, it will be difficult to do alter the exposure and do some other post editing work. The best option would be to take in DNG, which I think you can do if you use Lightroom Mobile Camera app from Adobe.

I‘m not sure you can shoot in RAW on an iPhone 6+.  Mine says JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the native format is JPEG, I have read that on some iPhones if you use another app, it allows you to take raw - DNG  format. However, I don't have an iPhone, so I can't say for sure. You would need to check that for yourself. (The internet says a lot of things which aren't exactly true!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

I am shocked by this many-layered multi replies here and yet none of them are considered to be the correct answer. It is evident here than forum responders perform a fine service to the contributor's questions. The information is almost overwhelming. Good job everyone. Everyone should get points for the correct answer. To choose only one as correct would be impossible.   This group of ACP's are my favorites. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Busy Sunday morning/afternoon....as there are a lot of responses, I decided to mark this as a discussion, thereby there is no ONE correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanh22203655  wrote

Hello folks,

I am shocked by this many-layered multi replies here and yet none of them are considered to be the correct answer. It is evident here than forum responders perform a fine service to the contributor's questions. The information is almost overwhelming. Good job everyone. Everyone should get points for the correct answer. To choose only one as correct would be impossible.   This group of ACP's are my favorites. JH

It wasn‘t even possible to give a correct answer as it was a discussion and not a question... I changed that. The OP may now choose the best answer.

If you are a moderator and the OP does not want to do that, you can go ahead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually changed it to a discussion (I am a moderator) but it seems you changed it back again in the few seconds it took me to write my post. I think we are in the same time zone CET. However, I'll leave it as is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone 6 is probably to old for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines