• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos rejected for quality issues

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I uploaded a number of photos recently that I thought were very crisp, clear, beautiful images that someone might enjoy and want to use. All of them were rejected for the reason of "quality issues."  The explanation said that, "common issues that can impact the technical quality of images include exposure issues, soft focus, excessive filtering or artifacts/noise." I looked closely back over my images and I can't find anything that looks like any of that to me in most of them.

Here I've attached what I thought were some of the best ones. I left out the ones that I thought I could see some flaws in. Could anybody help explain what is wrong with any of these pictures? 

Thank you so much for your help!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First image - underexposed, blurry, not well composed with many brown leaves/blooms in the frame

Second image - underexposed, blurry, blownout highlight; my first reaction is "what is it". How did you envision a Buyer using such an image?

Third image - blownout highlights on the cat's ear and neck. Underexposed areas, lack of sharp fur detail. The available lighting here really worked against you.

Fourth Image - depth of field is too shallow; background is messy. 
As a general rule, plants, flowers, and pets are very over-represented categories in Adobe Stock, and any submissions in this area need to be technically perfect to be accepted and unique in some way to ever be sold. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Josiah25810835ldby ,

Slight white balance issue and color fringing. Your capture is a bit too shallow so the edge is a little soft.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1661454224056.png

Underexpose and noise grains

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1661454371815.png

This seem to be underexpose also and possibly a bit over saturated but definitely there is a white balance issue. The feet are blue.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1661454567762.png

I'm not sure if this is critical but a little more depth would have improved the composition of this shot.

jacquelingphoto2017_3-1661454779388.png

I also believe it is underexposed and probably you have taken off too much of the highlight. I like this one. Try correcting the exposure and resubmit and see what happen.

You need to zoom in on your files to identify issues. Many times you need to zoom in at more than 100%. A list of what to look for and how to find them is at this link.

Use these methods to examine the rest of your files.

Best wishes

Jacquelin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jacquelingphoto2017,

Thank you so much for your feedback! That is super helpful! I will check out that link and see if I can correct some of those issues in my future pictures. I'll also adjust the exposure and resubmit the purple succulent pic. Thank you for your help! Have a wonderful day. 

Josiah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Josiah25810835ldby,

You're welcome

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next time limit critiques to 2 or 3 photos.   We don't need to see the entire list of rejected images to know what's missing.  

Read your Stock Contributor User Guide.  There is much good information there to help you.

Also compare your work with other Stock inventory.  As @Jill_C said, Adobe Stock has millions & millions of perfect flowers & pets.  You will make more sales in less competitive categories.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines