Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pictures of machines in motion

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would like to ask you about my drone pictures.

I like to take pictures of slow going farm or bulding machines and even have sold one here.

The problem is that Adobe dosn't want to accept it. 

And my secound question: Why all of my photos of tractors or planes has been rejected? Reason was : copyright. Is there any way to sell photos of any machines?DJI_0012.jpgDJI_0978.jpgDJI_0027.jpgDJI_0081E.jpgDJI_0115E.jpgDJI_0107E.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

You CANNOT sell photos of copyright items and trademarks. 

Imagine: you sell a picture of the John Deere tractor through Adobe Stock.

It is used to advertise a rival tractor (which says how much better it is than the John Deere).

John Deere sue the rival tractor company for breach of copyright and abuse of trademark.

But Adobe Stock promised all rights, so the rival tractor company sue Adobe Stock.

And YOU promised all rights, so Adobe Stock sue YOU. This could cost unlimited sums of money.

So Adobe i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CANNOT sell photos of copyright items and trademarks. 

Imagine: you sell a picture of the John Deere tractor through Adobe Stock.

It is used to advertise a rival tractor (which says how much better it is than the John Deere).

John Deere sue the rival tractor company for breach of copyright and abuse of trademark.

But Adobe Stock promised all rights, so the rival tractor company sue Adobe Stock.

And YOU promised all rights, so Adobe Stock sue YOU. This could cost unlimited sums of money.

So Adobe is protecting you. You cannot use other people's copyright in your work, just as you would not want them to use YOUR copyright images in their work.

Some of these machines could be made "anonymous" by removing labels, but in some cases the very colours are trademarked.

This is of course a serious limitation on what you can photograph. People who photograph street scenes find the same problem, because everything is copyright: shop signs, coffee brands, cars, people's trainers (yes, really).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK- I fully understand what is trademark and in this case I should remove it from my picture and tags.

But rest of this picture is part of landscape. I didn't take this photo inside John Deer's factory. If competitors of JD wants to use this photos to show that ther produckt is better so what? As long as I didn't manipulate this picture it is like it is.

If I take photo of jet plane I don't reveal anythink that woul be secret. Everybothy (that is staing next to me) can see the same.

For example this photo:

DSC00724.JPGWho can recognise what kind of jet plane is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You have to remove all logos. Don't forget about the design and colours as well. This is also covered by IP!

As for the jet plane, this is military, right? I'm unsure about taking photographs for commercial purposes of military aircraft. There will be IP there as well! There are IP problems even with commercial jets. Boeing for instance!

You have to keep in mind that uploading to stock is for commercial purposes, so you have to have the rights to be able to sell them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

What about buildings? For example Adobie wansts to get copyright of view building of this picture:DSC04600.jpg

Whose agree is nedded? Author of this building (an architekct) or its owner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These buildings need no release. But I doubt that the photo would be accepted due to quality issues. It is too dark, poorly cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It comes under the same category. You will need an IP release! I don't know who from, probably the owner of the property!

Have a read about IP release requirements:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html
How to upload a release
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/upload-a-model-or-property-release.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colors and designs may be a problem, maybe not. But, the names, logo and lisence plates need to be removed. You will also have problems with focus on these photos. Photos showing motiuon must have a subject that is perfectly focused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

What can you say about this pictures? I'm asking about quality. Is it enough for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe employees here, and we can only provide our opinions, as Adobe contributors, as to whether the images will be accepted. Some of them appear to be too blurry to be accepted.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see logos on editorial content...so if it were labeled editorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are Adobe's guidelines for Illustrative Editorial images:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html

Note that the quality requirements are the same as for any other type of image; there is no allowance for being "editorial". And Adobe will not necessarily accept them for Illustrative Editorial even if they are technically perfect if they don't believe that they "illustrate articles on current events and newsworthy topics." 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill, yes quality is a thing. Composition has a set of guidelines it is also very subjective as to who is viewing it. Specs for what the image will be used for is vast from papers to web and more. In the end it is the buyer eyes and needs. Images can always be adjusted and crop by user. (Speaking as a stock user.) Spent many many years as a Newspaper creative.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition is also very subjective as to who is viewing it.

By @h2obeek

==========

Colors and styles are subjective for sure.  But composition is either good or it's not good. I say that based on my background in medical imaging.

https://photographypro.com/composition/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition has a set of guidelines it is also very subjective as to who is viewing it. Specs for what the image will be used for is vast from papers to web and more. In the end it is the buyer eyes and needs. Images can always be adjusted and crop by user.

By @h2obeek

The guidelines on composition are based on how the human brain looks at a picture. It's not that subjective, and viewing is astonishingly the same, even if the viewer is from a different culture. The buyer, if they can choose, will choose mostly the well framed picture. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes true...but in my many years with clients is subject to the client as they were paying the bill. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there are colours specs rules what ever one wants to call it also...but again subjective to the buyer and photos can be cropped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not working here for one client, but you are working for many clients. You don't sell an asset once, but you sell multiple times. Believe me, composition matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes understood, I have worked with many......clients ... worked in the pre press graphics department...and have worked with the photojournalists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never met a client yet that knew a hill o' beans about good design. That's what they pay us for.  That doesn't stop them from sharing their wild ideas, though.  😝

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 🙂 I totally agree! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like drone footage when it is generic.  Generic has more uses which appeals to more customers.

Adobe does not accept Editorial content from ordinary contributors. 

Illustrative Editorial is by invitation, after you have accrued 100 or more downloads.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrative Editorial is by invitation, after you have accrued 100 or more downloads.

By @Nancy OShea

Illustrative editorial is a flag you can add to your submission parameters. I do sometimes, and some of the pictures here would nicely fit. You are allowed to submit illustrative editorial when you have either accumulated 100 sales (!) or on invitation, when you have a strond editorial portfolio somewhere else. 

Illustrative editorial is, however, restricted in it's use. So, except, if you have the picture, sales will be low. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I'm not shure what you mean. 

Those all photos are generic (or I menan it wrong). This is only drone photo and develope process in Rawtherapee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I'm not shure what you mean. 

Those all photos are generic (or I menan it wrong). This is only drone photo and develope process in Rawtherapee.

By @Ar2rM

No logos, no recognizable manufacturer. The process to develop and edit the pictures is irrelevant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines