• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please look and see and decide if this is a bad quality image in a technical issue!.

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there really anything wrong with this image!.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Well, mainly there are no contrasts in the picture and I can't see any details. You should also use the sRGB ICC profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

I might be wrong but I don't think there's a whole lot of demand for B&W photos on Adobe Stock.  Most graphics people know how to convert color to B&W for special use cases.  So that's not something I would be personally interested in purchasing.

The composition is murky. I assume this is some sort of rocky beach or coastline but what the actual subject is, I am not really sure because the image is too dark.  As you can see from this Photoshop graph, the Input Levels need adjustment to bring t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Hello,

It is best to leave in colour - that is according to Adobe Stock - the buyer can easliy convert to B&W but not the other way round!

From a B&W perspective, your image is underexposed, it lacks contrast, so the result is'muddy'. There are no whites or blacks, just a muddy grey.

Looking at the histogram of your image it shows this:

Screenshot 2020-09-24 094605histogram.jpg

This means it is underexposed.

So, an alternative method instead of levels is to increase exposure in the exposure slider, increase contrast, and decrease the h

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if it the image has been turned to black and white. If that is really the colours of the world at that point, this is unlucky for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, mainly there are no contrasts in the picture and I can't see any details. You should also use the sRGB ICC profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be wrong but I don't think there's a whole lot of demand for B&W photos on Adobe Stock.  Most graphics people know how to convert color to B&W for special use cases.  So that's not something I would be personally interested in purchasing.

The composition is murky. I assume this is some sort of rocky beach or coastline but what the actual subject is, I am not really sure because the image is too dark.  As you can see from this Photoshop graph, the Input Levels need adjustment to bring them into better balance.

image.png

After a Levels adjustment, the image becomes noticeably clearer and more detailed.

image.png

Hope that helps,

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is best to leave in colour - that is according to Adobe Stock - the buyer can easliy convert to B&W but not the other way round!

From a B&W perspective, your image is underexposed, it lacks contrast, so the result is'muddy'. There are no whites or blacks, just a muddy grey.

Looking at the histogram of your image it shows this:

Screenshot 2020-09-24 094605histogram.jpg

This means it is underexposed.

So, an alternative method instead of levels is to increase exposure in the exposure slider, increase contrast, and decrease the highlights a bit - something like this:

Screenshot 2020-09-24 094936_exposure.jpg

Of course, this is much easier done if you took this in raw, rather than the camera saving to JPEG.

If you don't know about raw, then I would read a lot about it.

So, yes, there are a number of issues with this image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the very good analysis that you got here, I recommend some reading:

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines