• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Property Release

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted an image as an illustration created by manipulating the original photo. This image was taken on a public sidewalk by a beach. Not a private building at all. There are no logos or trademarks in the image. For some reason when someone reviewed this image they thought they were looking at the interior of a building, maybe? How can I prove that it was taken in a public space? As another question, is there any way to answer back to Adobe Stock with an explanation? Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mike G666 ,

The property release may well be requested because you created an illustration and the creator of the illustration needs to emit a property release. Basically you need to assert that you are the creator of the artwork... Without seeing the image, however, there is nothing more that can be said on this.

If a moderator thinks a property release is necessary, he may refuse the picture on these grounds. Please be aware that Adobe's rules are more stringent than some laws. Especially as Adobe is operating worldwide, it want's to fit into every use case. I, in cases like that, go on and submit the next picture. But I do photographs. Illustrations are different.

There is no way to answer the moderators. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whether a space is public or private has no bearing on whether an IP release is needed by the way. The law has no interest in where you were standing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines