• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am looking for your feedback on why my photos getting rejected over and over again, even though I took these photos with a 1/2.3' sensor camera (Lumix FZ 80) I clean them very well in Lightroom. any advice on how can I improve, is sensor size the main issue or it is in the post process? 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

While I agree with @steveb1789221 that in the long run you will have better success with upgrading your camera and lenses, I think specifically in the case of your butterfly photo, you must have upsized it signifcantly and that created a whole bunch of new problems.  It's really important to review your photos at 100%-200% magnification (as this is what the reviewers will be doing too.) 

P1020053-Enhanced 1.jpg

When you look at this image at 100%, it is clearly not focused and there is a lot of noise and artifacts

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Hi @Sam23787998qj7h ,

The bird has a white balance issue. It is a bit too cool. The butterfly might have a white balance issue also but it is definitely underexposed. Both images have color fringing on the edges, and as was highlighted the butterfly crops a little too close on one of the wings.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam,

Both of your images are "soft" meaning they are not in sharp focus which most likely is due to the limitations of your camera (sensor size and or lens resolution).  Keep in mind that your images are competing with those being taken with very expensive cameras but more importantly, stock photography sets a very high standard for acceptance.  While your camera should be able to create acceptable images under ideal circumstances and lighting, I would expect you will continue to see a number of rejections in the future (using this camera).   While this is only my opinion, I would suggest you consider buying a interchangeable lens camera (minimum 4/3 format), if you are serious about photography and want to make money while pursuing your hobby.  You might even consider buying a used camera and lens  (spending  the majority of your money on the lens).  Good luck!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steveb, I am actually considering buying a new camera, the issue is that Lumix did a great job in stuffing the FZ80 with as many features as ones like, but with a small sensor if I want to upgrade it with a better sensor I will let all these features go according to my budget. on the other hand, sensor is the key to pro- photography. so yes I totally agree with you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree with @steveb1789221 that in the long run you will have better success with upgrading your camera and lenses, I think specifically in the case of your butterfly photo, you must have upsized it signifcantly and that created a whole bunch of new problems.  It's really important to review your photos at 100%-200% magnification (as this is what the reviewers will be doing too.) 

P1020053-Enhanced 1.jpg

When you look at this image at 100%, it is clearly not focused and there is a lot of noise and artifacts introduced into the image.  There is also chromatic aberration (purple fringing) along the flower.  I'm not sure if you shoot in RAW with manual settings, but I would suggest that would be a good place to start to take control rather than letting the camera choose automatic settings for you.

Regarding the cardinal photo, besides the soft focus there is also the issue of the out of focus twigs in front of the bird.  The twigs are distracting.  Adobe Stock considers composition issues like the twigs as Technical Issues too.  Both photos are cropped just a bit too close - the cardinal's tail is cut off and the tip of the wing of the butterfly is cut off.  Also with the butterfly photo, the shadows could be lifted a bit and the highlight of the one flower is blown out.

Some things to keep in mind when submitting stock photos:

• Use the highest resolution you can with your camera, but don't upsize the images.
  • Shoot in RAW format to allow for easiest post processing.
  • Keep post processing to a minimum, and keep your colours, tone, exposure, etc. looking very natural

Here are links to some resources you might find useful:

Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply Rob, I really appreciate your comments, I just started my stock photography journey so yes I think in addition to a better camera, I need to pay attention to these errors. 

in my current camera, I end up doing a lot of post-processing which corrects one issue and causes many others. 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sam23787998qj7h ,

The bird has a white balance issue. It is a bit too cool. The butterfly might have a white balance issue also but it is definitely underexposed. Both images have color fringing on the edges, and as was highlighted the butterfly crops a little too close on one of the wings.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jacquelin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @Sam23787998qj7h 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines