• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Photo with technical issue - which mistakes are serious?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several points in the "Technical FAQ" which may meet my photo, but I really don't know which of them leaded to rejection. I hope, somebody can tell me more.
I will describe the possible points:
1. I used my drone "Mavic 2 Zoom". Perhaps drone cameras are not good enough because of poor lenses.
2. I took videos instead of photos and extracted this picture from a video. Perhaps too bad resolution and compression.
3. The horizon was not horizontal. For better quality (IMHO) I resized the picture to 400%, turned it by 1°, cut the triangles off and resized the result back to the original size 3840x2160 which means increasing the original resolution by about 3,3%.
4. I separated the sky and increased the contrast of the landscape three times a little bit, each time more and more concentrated to the horizon.
5. To make more details visible in the dark areas, I increased gamma and adjusted contrast and brightness.
6. I increased the contrast of the separated sky.
7. To meet the taste of most people (IMHO), I increased the saturation of the whole picture a little bit.
OK - which point was wrong and which point was acceptable?
left picture: original - right picture: final result (rejected)
Syväri-1-org.jpgSyväri-1-kf.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are compression artifacts:

Syväri-1-kfnoise.jpg

It is noticeable when you zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I see that all my gessings went in a wrong way.
And I am afraid, I can do nothing against that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry ricky,

if I think about this issue - is this really a serious problem? If somebody prints this photo on a whole "letter" or "A4" sheet, nobody will see those artefacts. It could be left to the future customer if this photo meets his requirements.
I made a quick attempt to blurr only the water (see below). Is this an advance?
Syväri-1-kfb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Your photos must be perfect. If a customer finds a poor quality picture, Adobe's reputation suffers. Every picture must be as good as a professional photographer could make it in ideal conditions with the best equipment. The customer makes no allowance for difficulty or rarity. It must be suitable for a multimillion dollar advertising campaign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your comment.

I would like to suggest you to enhance your FAQ by a small gallery of "frequently rejected photos and reasons why". I read your FAQ, but I came never to the idea to enlarge my photos and check for artefacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The FAQ isn't mine, it isn't ours. This is a community forum. Here you work with other Adobe customers and suppliers, to let people share their knowledge. It's clear, though, Adobe have no interest in spending their time to help people develop their skills. They want contributions from experienced professionals who already know what is expected of them. At least, that's how I see it. I know they don't say it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines