Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected photos

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
please could you help me to improve my rejected photos? tell me why more precisely?
thank you in advance

Anna

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anna Goko , looking at your photos I see one consistent issue with all of them and that is noise / grain.  It's very important to review your images at 100% magnification before submitting them.  Here is a section of your oyster photo at 100%.

huitres 2.jpg

Unfortunately, the image isn't clear at all and filled with noise.  There may be other issues with some of your other photos such as white balance in your palm tree photo (the colours are too saturated) but all of your photos had this noise / grain.  The noise is usually caused by a high ISO setting or low light.  Sometimes it is correctable in post processing, so you can give it a try.

If you are new to stock photography, take a look at some of these resources which you might find helpful:

Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello @reedesign1912,
first of all thank you,
ok I understand better, grain is a thing I love in photos and I take all my photos with grain and noise 🙂 So if I understand correctly on adobe stock it is not necessary.
anyway thanks i'm going to smooth my shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anna Goko , I know it has been a trend for a while now to use a grain filter or to replicate the look of older film types of photographs using high ISO.  Those photos have their place and can work well in social media, but that is not what Adobe Stock and its customers are wanting.

Businesses, ad agencies, design studios, and marketers want to buy great-looking, distinctive stock photos and illustrations. For your images to have commercial value, they shouldn’t show noise or dust and they should be well-composed, appropriately lit and exposed, and processed in an inconspicuous way.

By https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html

By having your photos technically great and less "artistically" filtered, you have a broader audience who will potentially buy your images.  Customers can and will apply their own edits, modifications, filters, etc. to suit their projects.  It's easy for them to add grain to your photo, but extremely difficult to remove it and most won't bother and just move on to the next photo.

I hope this helps. 

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shampoing:

• Noise,
  • focus,
  • exposure and
  • chromatic aberration
    Abambo_0-1651409345480.png

FYI: the screenshot is at 100%. At this, the picture should be crisp sharp. At the right there is also a stain, that should be photoshopped.

Abambo_1-1651409516352.png

You should also avoid such big blown out reflective patches, By masking the light coming in.

Abambo_2-1651409675570.png

Staged photographs like this are best taken when using a tripod, carefully staged light (mostly because of the reflections) and low ISO. Noise levels far less than this get a rejection.

Biarritz: has also a big noise problem. I would have expected the focus being on the lighthouse and not that uninteresting bush. Again, there is a stain.

Abambo_0-1651411414893.png

The picture is missing detail in the shadows. You see that clearly in the Bush shadows and when you look at the histogram.

Abambo_1-1651411448604.png

huitres: out of focus, noise, chromatic aberration.

moon palm: you have applied the same filter as in Biarritz to flatten the shadows. Again noise…

saintjeandeluz: noise...noise...noise. I won't look at this in detail, but you may also need a property release. And you will get an IP strike as there is a Renault logo in sight

Abambo_3-1651411576507.png

(down the picture there is quite hidden a car). The plate is also partially visible (that needs to be photoshopped).

Vin: you guessed it: Noise. The framing also is bad, with the glass at the border. Exposure is limit, the plate is overexposed. The glass has an engraving, that would be an IP refusal.

Abambo_2-1651411504466.png

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Abambo,
thank you for all these clarifications, I understand better,
for the noise I voluntarily shoot with but if I understand well it is not accepted on adobe stock photos, ok .
for the uninteresting bush, it was voluntary too, but I understand better the "standards", thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines