• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejected

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please advise why this does not meet the quality standards? It was posted in a Nikon magazine with no quality issue so struggling to understand why it's declined for future ref.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Hi @roanm34154489 ,

It's a beautiful image. However, it has soft edged. Your image must in in sharpt focus with sharp edges.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1677700828710.png

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @roanm34154489 ,

It's a beautiful image. However, it has soft edged. Your image must in in sharpt focus with sharp edges.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1677700828710.png

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @jacquelingphoto2017 , the details appear both soft when viewing between 100%-200%.  It also appears some noise reduction or heavy sharpening has been applied resulting in some unwanted artefacts.

With small print such as a magazine, I suspect this image would be fine.  But I think it's important to keep in mind all of the uses a commercial stock asset may be used.  I don't believe this would stand up well with a large print scenario.

Being rejected as a commercial asset doesn't mean it's a bad photo though.  Congrats on being published in a magazine!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Posters, billboard ads & TV commercials, merchandise like t-shirts, tote bags and calendars...  Read your Stock Contributor User Guide for more details on what's expected.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's beautiful in an artistic sense; but some of the feather quills (eyes?) are sort of pasted in and not attached to a quill and just sort of floating... I think Adobe is looking for more realism in these sort of images.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be happy with your publishing experience. Even is the asset has been used in a Nikon magazine, that does not mean that it is fit for stock. I do not know the QA of that magazine, but I would not have used this asset.

91F8C7F3-C3B1-4E7F-B206-2C26E2F6D709.jpeg

You have random out of focus parts...well and other errors.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines