• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Review system that is capricious and arbitrary...

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know why Adobe cannot be more specific about why they reject images that we spend a great deal of time processing and keywording. "Technical Issues" is too vague!

How difficult would it bee to have a series of checkboxes for the reviwer to check, e.g., Focus, White Balance, Contrast, Saturation, Chromatic Aberration, General Composition, Artifacting, etc? Many of these issues could be corrected.

The Contributor Guide says, "Don't take it personally." How can we take it any other way if you don't give us a reason?!
They always suggest to upload the image to the frightfully tedious "forum," where any pretentious knucklehead can GUESS why the image MAY have been rejected. I have seen some of the most outrageous responses to contributoer posts about rejected images! This system is so capricious and arbitrary! Why can't we get more specific feedback from the "technician" who actually rejected the image. I have had images accepted a few months ago, that were shot on the same day, with the same equipment and in the same manner as images that were rejected this time around. When I compare the rejected to the accepted, I can see no logical reason for the rejection.
Also, it seems that I always get a bunch of images rejected out of hand on the same day. It's as if the "technician" who rejected the images did it in bulk. How do I know that he just didn't have a fight with his wife or something?
This system is VERY FREAKING FRUSTRATING to your contributors! How about a little courtesy?!

This isn't SOUR GRAPES! I have taken some great images and I've taken some really crappy images. I'm not pissed off because may images were rejected—I'm pissed off because this system STINKS!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Thanks for your candid feedback. The issue is simply a matter of time. The moderation team is under pressure to review a large quanitity of submissions in a reasonably short period of time. Spending even an extra second to provide more detailed rejection reasons would potentially increase the wait time for reviews by quite a lot. In many cases, there are more than one reason for a rejection. The most common technical issues do have specific reject options such as artifacts, exposure and focus. I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I can understand your frustration. I had it too. I'll tell you something. I upload to multiple platforms. Some communicate nothing to you. Others reject in batches, including good images. Those that gives notice, the notice is as vague as Adobe's. You have to ask questions, and even then the details you'd like is not forthcoming. 

The moderators do not have time to send out details, and even if they did, you might not know how to correct some of those that can be corrected, so you are directed to the forum.We not only identify what the issue is, but help you to see where. The forum helped me, and I am sure it can help you. You need to upload the image(s) that was rejected, along with the reason. We will, not just help you to identify the issue, but after a few, you'll learn how to. 

We are unable to help you except you upload at least one of your rejected image. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...after a few, you'll learn how to."

Seriously?

I have been using Photoshop for thirty years! I know how to correct all of these issues!

I need direct feedback from the person who rejected the image.

I could look at any image someone submits and specualte as to why it was rejected after the fact, just like you.

I'm sorry, I know it says be kind and respectful, but I found your answer pretentious and condescending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

You said,  "I have been using Photoshop for thirty years! I know how to correct all of these issues!"

My response to this is, you are welcome. I really appreciate your gratitude.

You said, "I need direct feedback from the person who rejected the image."

This will not happen. No stock platform offers that service. That is why the moderator send you to this forum. Here is where you get the required help. These forums are monitored mainly by experienced volunteer photographers. Therefore if your expectation is to have review moderators responding, you are at the wrong place. Hence, if you believe we are unqualified to analyse your work, then I suggest you do not post here. You will definitely not meet review monitors here. They do not interact with contributors, to the point that Adobe do not setup an appeal process.

You said, "I'm sorry, I know it says be kind and respectful, but I found your answer pretentious and condescending."

Again I'll repeat, Thanks for your gratitude. I really appreciate it. But please know this. Your disrespect in the post, I could have opt to report it, and not answer your questions. 

Also, whenever there is a rejection, there is usually an issue. It is nice for you to just politely ask for assistance, other than being uncool and describe the volunteers disrespectfully. Absolutely everyone that monitor these forums, volunteer to do so. We do not claim to know everything, but we learn as we go along. Even those with limited knowledge do have something practical and useful to offer. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for thirty years! I know how to correct all of these issues!

Great! If you would correct those issues before hand, you wouldn't submit pictures that get refused... And with such great experience, why do you need precise indications. Artefacts are easy to spot, colour correction is easy to spot and out of focus images are easy to spot...

Sorry, I know, this does not help, but me too, I have 30 years of Photoshop experience, and I got pictures refused. Some of them, I did not resubmit. Some others, I submitted 3 to 4 times before getting accepted. 

The deal is this: you submit pictures that you think are flawless and if are you as good as you claim, you will get very little refusals. If you do not understand the refusal, let Jacquelin have a look, she's quite good at finding flaws...

And btw: it may well be that the moderator is wrong. In most of the cases FOR MY REFUSED PICTURES I find afterwards why they couldn't be accepted. 

And btw: with your experience it would be great to help novice contributors to get better. Think about it.

And now a different thought: The buyer wants a flawless picture. The contributor needs to deliver that. Adobe could well give ABSOLUTLY no reason for refusing. And they would still serve the buyer with quality pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You spelled artifacts wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Artefacts isn't spelled wrong actually. Artefacts with e is the UK spelling and artifacts with i is the US spelling.

Just like color and colour, neighbour and neighbor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your candid feedback. The issue is simply a matter of time. The moderation team is under pressure to review a large quanitity of submissions in a reasonably short period of time. Spending even an extra second to provide more detailed rejection reasons would potentially increase the wait time for reviews by quite a lot. In many cases, there are more than one reason for a rejection. The most common technical issues do have specific reject options such as artifacts, exposure and focus. If however, an image is out of focus and has an exposure issue with a lot of noise the system allows the moderator to select only one. Your request has been noted and is something we've heard a lot from contributors in the past. The reality is, there isn't a perfect solution so we do the best we can to inform you. 

Thanks again for the feedback, it's been heard. 

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mat for your conscientious reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines