• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Someone please help me out about "REJECTION" due to the "TECHNICAL ISSUES"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A BIG Hello to this lovely community. I'm very much new to this family.

Very recently I've uploaded three (3) images, out of which two (2) are Rejected due to the "TECHNICAL ISSUES". I'm a bit depressed and confused about the rejection, as I can't figure out the exact reason for the "TECHNICAL ISSUES".

So, it would be great to have some guidance/suggestions from the experts...please.

I'm attaching the rejected images and a normal image for your convenience.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Hello,

I'm afraid the focus and lighting aren't that good. Secondly, To me, it looks like these were taken from a smartphone, so smartphone photos generally aren't good for stock. They don't enlarge so well. When you enlarge them to 100% or more, you begin to see the pixels and JPEG compression artifacts.

Since you're new, take a look at these guides to get you started.

Image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Have a read of this from Adobe a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm afraid the focus and lighting aren't that good. Secondly, To me, it looks like these were taken from a smartphone, so smartphone photos generally aren't good for stock. They don't enlarge so well. When you enlarge them to 100% or more, you begin to see the pixels and JPEG compression artifacts.

Since you're new, take a look at these guides to get you started.

Image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/stock/contributor/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Guide.pdf

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you so much for your suggestions and helpful links.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I modified the original images to Sharpen them, and adjusted the Hue/Saturation a bit.

Yes, you're absolutely right...these were taken from a smartphone (Now again I'm a bit confused that whether the smartphone images are accepted? Even though the following image was accepted:

https://stock.adobe.com/in/search?k=chopped+capsicum&search_type=usertyped&asset_id=512119445

Anyways, thanks again for your great help, and any further suggestions will be highly appreciated...Stay safe and healthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, photos are accepted regardless of the camera used and this includes smartphone photos.  But all photos are held to the same high standard and smartphones have a harder time overcoming some of the technical hurdles for stock photography.  Like @ricky336 said, they don't enlarge well and tend to present a lot of technical flaws when zooming in to 100%. 

I wish you success!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George, thanks for your detailed explanation.

Yeah, I've observed the flaws, the images became something jittery as well as pixelated (compared to the images captured in professional cameras) when zoomed-in to 100%, and have been wondering still today if this can be overcome in smartphones, as I don't have any professional cameras right now. Is there any way out to overcome it to some extent?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure - as with any camera - to use a tripod for all shots. This gives exposure flexibility (whether manual or automatic) and might improve the quality. Also good lighting (not just bright lighting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your guidance...surely, I'll take care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can and the smartphone allows it, try to save the file in DNG. The file size is bigger, but you can do a lot more with it. However, you then need to post-process the file in Lightroom/Adobe Photoshop or other such software that deals with raw files. This way avoids using the built-in camera software. You can get a cleaner image this way.

If you modify the JPEG file from the camera and then resave it, you get more JPEG compression. Each time you save the same JPEG file, the quality deteriorates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, my smartphone doesn't allow me to save the file in DNG format, it only saves in JPEG/JPG format. I usually use Adobe Photoshop to modify them...Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the other suggestions of using a tripod, making sure the lighting is good, and shooting in a non-compression file format like .dng or .raw, which only a select few phones allow for currently. 

The small sensor of the camera is part of the limiting factor, but it's also the software that comes along with it that also limits its capability.  Smartphone cameras in general are optimized to look good on smartphone screens, designed to be easy to use, and optimized for photos to not take up a lot of storage space.  The sacrifice is high quality and customizable controls unfortunately.  

If you have manual controls as an option, shooting on a tripod at iso 100 or a low iso might help with the pixelation some.

I wish you success 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello George. Yes, now I can understand that the small sensor of the smartphone camera is the main limiting factor, and in some cases, unfortunately, I've to compromise with the quality.

Anyways, will try to do my best with all of your suggestions. Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find this information on smartphone photography helpful:

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you so much for sharing such a great article,  I found it really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Learning & development,

Too much of your watermelon is out of focus and it's also noisy.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1656514250743.png

Also too much of the vegetables is out of focus, it's noisy and there is a section that details are lost due to overexposure. 

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1656514508445.png

Overall your files are slightly underexposed. You need to zoom to between 100 and 200% to inspect for flaws. 

In addition to the guidelines given by @ricky336 here are some additional tips that will help you to get your files accepted. Also this this link will show you some of the limitatins of smartphones cameras.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for pointing out the flaws...will certainly take care of them. Take care and stay safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @Learning & development .

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines