• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitted custom paintings need property release form?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted some of my custom paintings of some cabins in the woods. They were rejected saying I need a property release form? How can I get a property release form if they are custom paintings?

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Absolutely. How else are the Adobe Moderators going to know you're the artist? Fill out the Property Release indicating that you're the creator of the artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. How else are the Adobe Moderators going to know you're the artist? Fill out the Property Release indicating that you're the creator of the artwork.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression that they are looking for the person who owns the cabin I painted to agree that I can paint the cabin. Here is the form. What parts do I fill out? Just the artist section? I have already uploaded artwork with no release form needed. Not sure why these sumbissions need the form.

https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/static/releases/property/Releases-en.0fc657ba4429206364e631d0849...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Prooerty Release Help page, it appears you will also need a release from the property owner since it is identifiable.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

• Identifiable exteriors or interiors of private homes and buildings 
Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange because these are custom paintings. Not sure how they can identify them, since there isnt a single photo or image online that they can reference. They must just be assuming these are real cabins. Not sure what to do, maybe try to contact them directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the cabins are from your imagination and do not represent real property, just state that in your release. As far as I know, there is no avenue for you to discuss or dispute a release or image refusal with Adobe. Imagine the number of customer service reps they'd need to hire to allow Stock Contributors to dispute the findings of the Moderstors!!!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three releases, potentially

- owner of the painted property

- owner of the art (you)

- "artist" - actually the photographer of the art (also you).

Adobe need to you to confirm, in a legally binding way, that you own the rights to the painting. Endless people think they can just photograph someone else's painting and sell it; as an artist, while others assume that possession of a painting give them the rights. Adobe's rules protect YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines